Hacking M3DS Real, EZ 3-in-1, and Save Files

tstein

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having difficulty getting GBA games to run properly. To start, I'm using a Real with FW v2.6. I've got a EZFlash V 3-in-1 in SLOT2. The root has 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool v1.9 with the proper DLDI patched. I've got a GBA directory with about 5 games in it. I launch each one into the PSRAM.

If I start any of the "Super Mario Advance" series, I get an error "Your saved data is corrupted". Note that I've never successfully started the game so I shouldn't have any save data.

I also tried running Legend of Zelda, which starts, but I can't create a profile (it can't save it).

I haven't tried any other roms, but I suspect I'll have problems with any that save data.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tomas

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GBA games that use Flash or EEPROM save types need to be patched to save to the SRAM in the 3-in-1. Games that use SRAM save types do not need patching.

I recommend using GBATA to patch the games.

You can also use the EZ4 Client, but it will cause lost saves if you try to play the games from PSRAM, the games will only save properly when written to NOR.

If you patch games that use 1024kbit save types with GBATA you will generally get a save error every time you start the game, but the save should still work. If it doesn't, you will need to patch the game with the EZ4 Client and run it from NOR.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show