Hacking M33-6, Prometheus, and Monster Hunter Portable 3rd

Saicho7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been out of the scene for a while and would like some help:

I have an old fat psp running 5.00 M33-6.

A while ago, I wanted to play a backup of Valkyria Chronicles 2. I can't remember, but looking at my mem stick it looks like I used Prometheus Installer M33-6 by Red Squirrel. Either way, I have the Stargate.prx in my setplugins, and ms0:/seplugins/Stargate.prx 1 in game.txt

I have a fresh ISO of Monster Hunter Portable 3rd that I can't luanch, "The game could not be started. (80020148)"

I've tried a few things. First, like an idiot, I used Classic install of Prometheus Installer which didn't fix my problem. Then, like an even greater idiot, I used the "Install all in Flashs" option and no games were loading at all. I fixed this by disabling the Stargate plugin, then uninstalling the "Install all in Flashs" option, re-enabling the Stargate plugin. Now I'm back at square 1, my games load, but no MHP3rd.

I tried patching the ISO using iso_tool 1.980 using the patch prometheus4 option but that didn't work either. Maybe I should try applying the patch manually? I can't seem to find a good guide on how to do this.

I'm out of ideas, is there anything else I can do? I'd rather not upgrade my CFW.

Thanks for your help!

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Unless you have a valid reason not to update to 6.60 PRO-C then that's the start and end of your solution to these issues. Virtually everything you do now is possible on a newer CFW

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats the reason for not wanting to upgrade your firmware? It would solve all of your problems in one swoop and it really is a 5 minute job
for the crowd that was around during the dark CFW period that was m33-6/GEN/MHU, "upgrading" wasn't necessarily a positive thing. Unless you've kept up (which this guy obviously hasn't) one would likely be a little tentative in changing custom firmwares due to a dubious history of compatibility with homebrew and games...

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Firstly, there's almost nothing worth using the 1.50 kernel for. No emulators of much note run better on 1.50 (there may be one but it evades me at the moment), there are about a handful of 1.50 only homebrews which haven't been updated and what you think you might have that's restricting you may in fact not be these days.

If on checking your 1.50 stuff (do check...) you find you simply MUST have 1.50 access, then there's LEDA, which allows 1.50 access on non 1.50 consoles, which should allow your homebrew to run. This won't run on PRO firmware, but if you update to ME (6.60 ME 1.8) then you'll be able to use the leda.prx setup to access your 1.50 stuff.

If you absolutely must stick with M33 for that essential homebrew then you need to bear in mind that different games require different patches with ISO Tool. From what i recall MH3rd requires the MHP631 patch after it's been decrypted, and whilst that does work for a lot of games others require alternate patches. If you're happy to patch then that's the way to go (ISO Tool, check that the patch folders are complete though), otherwise an update to 6.60 ME is the way to go coupled with LEDA.

FWIW i still use M33 on my PSP's other than my Go, but since i mainly emulate it's not really much hassle to use ISO Tool on one or two games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ