Hacking M3 with Platinum, Weird Problem.

shadowmn214

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Cannot for the life of me figure it out. I got an M3 a couple months ago, my cousin inspired me to get one because he had one, and it was great. But here is the weird thing: I can play online games with my cousin Like Metroid PH, FF-CC, ect. and when it comes to platinum i can play with him too (wi-fi chatting/trading/battling), but i cant play wi-fi with my friend, whom doesnt have an M3 but has Pearl. BUT here is the thing: my cousin CAN! and we have the same hardware same software and same versions and everything! I can however DS to DS trade and battle with my friend but i cant wifi. its not the router because my cousin can play with my friend on wifi, and its not mine because i can play with him. I even tried using his exact rom and sav files to be able to wifi with my friend but still no luck. and nither of us use any type of code. its getting to the point where i dont know what to do.
hate2.gif

Does anyone have any ideas at all? Sorry for the long story btw.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I suspect it could be a problem with your DS hardware... like Delta said, try using your friend's DS with your flashcard, or try using a retail copy of the game. That'll narrow down the possible problems.

shadowmn214

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
Wow...that is weird...

What I would do is try and trade DS's with your friend for one night and try your M3 on his DS and see if that works.

I actually have tried 3 differnt DS's my friends DS my old DS and my new DS lite. and that didnt work. and my cousin has hacked pokemon and it works for him. plus im not concerned about the GTS just wifi with friend codes and such. I also made sure i didnt do ANYTHING out of the ordinary to my game until after i failed using the wifi. but then again ive hacked my pokemon now and i can still trade with my cousin.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sounds like a possibly bad ROM dump. Re-download the ROM from a different source. Don't trim it and see if that makes a difference. Or if you do trim it, use NDSTokyoTrim.

AuroraKnight214

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I'm the cousin he is using the same ROM as I am I sent it to him Also i gave him my sav. too to see if it was his sav. but that didnt work. So it cant be DS since he swiched em, no cheats, I cant figure it out either

mistwolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
AuroraKnight214 said:
Hey I'm the cousin he is using the same ROM as I am I sent it to him Also i gave him my sav. too to see if it was his sav. but that didnt work. So it cant be DS since he swiched em, no cheats, I cant figure it out either

If you are both using M3 cards, try putting your microsd in his Real. If it still doesn't work,I'd say the Real is defective; if putting your micro in his Real makes networking work,then it's not the flash cart.

shadowmn214

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No Cheats no nothing. But Ive tried also deleting the whole rom AND the save file, and it didn't improve. and BTW i am using the exact same rom as my cousin who can talk with her just fine. like we moved his rom directly from his M3 into my M3. his works with my friends but mine doesn't. and we work with each others just fine.

shadowmn214

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No Cheats no nothing. But Ive tried also deleting the whole rom AND the save file, and it didn't improve. and BTW i am using the exact same rom as my cousin who can talk with her just fine. like we moved his rom directly from his M3 into my M3. his works with my friends but mine doesn't. and we work with each others just fine.

shadowmn214

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No cheats no nothing. and we tried the switching of cards and everything was the same, as to say that mine didnt work with my friend. but it worked with my cousin. But Ive tried also deleting the whole rom AND the save file, and it didn't improve. and BTW i am using the exact same rom as my cousin who can talk with her just fine. like we moved his rom directly from his M3 into my M3. his works with my friends but mine doesn't. and we work with each others just fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol