M3 with Platinum, Weird Problem.

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by shadowmn214, May 11, 2009.

May 11, 2009
  1. shadowmn214
    OP

Newcomer shadowmn214 Newbie

United States
    I Cannot for the life of me figure it out. I got an M3 a couple months ago, my cousin inspired me to get one because he had one, and it was great. But here is the weird thing: I can play online games with my cousin Like Metroid PH, FF-CC, ect. and when it comes to platinum i can play with him too (wi-fi chatting/trading/battling), but i cant play wi-fi with my friend, whom doesnt have an M3 but has Pearl. BUT here is the thing: my cousin CAN! and we have the same hardware same software and same versions and everything! I can however DS to DS trade and battle with my friend but i cant wifi. its not the router because my cousin can play with my friend on wifi, and its not mine because i can play with him. I even tried using his exact rom and sav files to be able to wifi with my friend but still no luck. and nither of us use any type of code. its getting to the point where i dont know what to do.
    [​IMG]
    Does anyone have any ideas at all? Sorry for the long story btw.

2. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    Wow...that is weird...

What I would do is try and trade DS's with your friend for one night and try your M3 on his DS and see if that works.

3. Skyline969

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    I suspect it could be a problem with your DS hardware... like Delta said, try using your friend's DS with your flashcard, or try using a retail copy of the game. That'll narrow down the possible problems.

4. DarkStriker

Member DarkStriker GBAtemp's Kpop lover!

Norway
    If what skyline said doesnt works then it means u have hacked pokemon i guess? since GTS doesnt allows hacked pokemon in your party.

5. shadowmn214
    OP

United States
    I actually have tried 3 differnt DS's my friends DS my old DS and my new DS lite. and that didnt work. and my cousin has hacked pokemon and it works for him. plus im not concerned about the GTS just wifi with friend codes and such. I also made sure i didnt do ANYTHING out of the ordinary to my game until after i failed using the wifi. but then again ive hacked my pokemon now and i can still trade with my cousin.

6. Skyline969

Canada
    Sounds like a possibly bad ROM dump. Re-download the ROM from a different source. Don't trim it and see if that makes a difference. Or if you do trim it, use NDSTokyoTrim.

7. AuroraKnight214

Newcomer AuroraKnight214 Member

United States
    Hey I'm the cousin he is using the same ROM as I am I sent it to him Also i gave him my sav. too to see if it was his sav. but that didnt work. So it cant be DS since he swiched em, no cheats, I cant figure it out either

8. Skyline969

Canada
    Aurora, it's possible the data could have been partially corrupted during the transfer. He should still try downloading a fresh ROM and starting with that.

9. mistwolf

Newcomer mistwolf Member

Australia
    If you are both using M3 cards, try putting your microsd in his Real. If it still doesn't work,I'd say the Real is defective; if putting your micro in his Real makes networking work,then it's not the flash cart.

10. KazoWAR

Member KazoWAR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Do you have AR codes or soft reset turned on? I noticed that both those functions freeze the game when trying to connect to a partner on wifi.

11. shadowmn214
    OP

United States
    No Cheats no nothing. But Ive tried also deleting the whole rom AND the save file, and it didn't improve. and BTW i am using the exact same rom as my cousin who can talk with her just fine. like we moved his rom directly from his M3 into my M3. his works with my friends but mine doesn't. and we work with each others just fine.

12. shadowmn214
    OP

United States
    No Cheats no nothing. But Ive tried also deleting the whole rom AND the save file, and it didn't improve. and BTW i am using the exact same rom as my cousin who can talk with her just fine. like we moved his rom directly from his M3 into my M3. his works with my friends but mine doesn't. and we work with each others just fine.

13. shadowmn214
    OP

United States
    No cheats no nothing. and we tried the switching of cards and everything was the same, as to say that mine didnt work with my friend. but it worked with my cousin. But Ive tried also deleting the whole rom AND the save file, and it didn't improve. and BTW i am using the exact same rom as my cousin who can talk with her just fine. like we moved his rom directly from his M3 into my M3. his works with my friends but mine doesn't. and we work with each others just fine.