flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
http://www.mymemory.co.uk/memory/Kingston/...e/Phone/Memory)

Is it only Japanese Kingstons that run Castlevania DoS intro and PoR without freezing ok? If so how do I tell? I really only want to buy a 2GB card as I have so-far only used 1GB and would like to up the storage a little. Also, I hear alot of R4's spring breaks, is that an issue with the Simply also? Thanks!

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes it's only the 1GB or 2GB Japanese ones that runs Castlevania: POR without freezing. You won't really be able to tell which store sells Japanese unless you ask them or the store indicates that they're Japan made. Like dealextreme sells Japanese Kingstons only.

R4 and M3 are basically the same thing so you might end up having a spring problem also. It all depends on how you use the cart. I've been using my R4 for a long time and the spring works just fine without any problems.

flai

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok, I found a site that has an R4 and it says it ships with one of these -

(Kingston/First Champion/Toshiba/Sandisk/PQI/MSI)

This is 2GB, do these sound ok to you?

strummer12

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My Japanese Kingston freezes every now and then in POR. Not enough to break the game tho, but it does do it. Only game I ever had a prob with.

Jhongerkong

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
btw, my lexar 1gb that i got from best buy runs every game, including PoR, perfectly. so its not only teh jap kingstons that run it perfect

flai

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok, I'm not too bothered about PoR because I've got a G6DS Real as backup for an occurance such as this anyway, I just want to ask if ANY 2GB Kingston, Japanese made or not runs the DoS intro without lag? Thats the only thing that matters so that I know that its not slow as hell.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL