blackbunny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i read in reviews that dl play does not work for mario kart.

im not sure what they mean by that.

1) will dl play work if both ds's are flashed?
2) can multy work if both ds's have flash carts and a mario kart on them?

help would be greatly apreciated

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I understand, as long as the receiving DS is flashed, download play will work.

jahve1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
From what I understand, as long as the receiving DS is flashed, download play will work.
Both I and my friend have M3 Simply, only he has NDSP and I NDSL, the only game that worked using download play was brain training, so this means, if we both flash ours DSs we will be able to play all games using download play?

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
1)
I'm not quite sure, I've heard people saying that flashing your DS does not improve the download play compatibility for R4/M3/EZV/just most slot1 cards, it did work fine for slot2 cards however...

2)
Yes, when you download play the content that's received is checked and won't run because it's not from a real card. If both however have a flashcart, no check is needed, because you can run the game already, so you can just multicard play multiplayer games with no problems...

D

Deleted User

1)
I'm not quite sure, I've heard people saying that flashing your DS does not improve the download play compatibility for R4/M3/EZV/just most slot1 cards, it did work fine for slot2 cards however...

2)
Yes, when you download play the content that's received is checked and won't run because it's not from a real card. If both however have a flashcart, no check is needed, because you can run the game already, so you can just multicard play multiplayer games with no problems...

That sorta sucks for certain games that only have the download play option, like Nanostray ... Konami Classics ...

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you have Mario Kart on the Simply, and your friend has an actual copy of Mario Kart, you won't be using download play. Multicart multiplayer works just fine with a flashcart, as does online play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Is Janet Jackson alive?