m3 simply dl play

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by blackbunny, Apr 17, 2007.

1. blackbunny
    OP

blackbunny Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2006
    i read in reviews that dl play does not work for mario kart.

im not sure what they mean by that.

1) will dl play work if both ds's are flashed?
    2) can multy work if both ds's have flash carts and a mario kart on them?

help would be greatly apreciated

2. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

Former Staff
    Jan 14, 2007
    United States
    USA
    From what I understand, as long as the receiving DS is flashed, download play will work.

3. jahve1

jahve1 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2007
    Croatia
    Both I and my friend have M3 Simply, only he has NDSP and I NDSL, the only game that worked using download play was brain training, so this means, if we both flash ours DSs we will be able to play all games using download play?

4. Monkey01

Monkey01 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 27, 2006
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    1)
    I'm not quite sure, I've heard people saying that flashing your DS does not improve the download play compatibility for R4/M3/EZV/just most slot1 cards, it did work fine for slot2 cards however...

2)
    Yes, when you download play the content that's received is checked and won't run because it's not from a real card. If both however have a flashcart, no check is needed, because you can run the game already, so you can just multicard play multiplayer games with no problems...

5. Nestea80

Nestea80 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 25, 2006
    Canada
    That sorta sucks for certain games that only have the download play option, like Nanostray ... Konami Classics ...

6. lblk32

lblk32 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 9, 2007
    United States
    so if i have m3 simply with mario kart and my friend has mario kart, download play will work?

7. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    If you have Mario Kart on the Simply, and your friend has an actual copy of Mario Kart, you won't be using download play. Multicart multiplayer works just fine with a flashcart, as does online play.