M3 sd card not detected

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by zeno16, Apr 10, 2010.

Apr 10, 2010

M3 sd card not detected by zeno16 at 6:10 PM (883 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. zeno16
    OP

Newcomer zeno16 Advanced Member

Sweden
    Hi guys, i got a little odd problem, a few minutes ago while transfering a few files the transfer progress froze, so i closed it down and disconnected the sd card using the safe way, but now when i connect it to the computer i get the new hardware detected sound, but nothing shows up, since i can't see it i can't format it, does anyone know any other way? In disk management it shows up as no medium, but the card works in my dsi.

thanks [​IMG]

2. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    are you using the one you got with your flashcart?
    if so, there's a good chance it broke.

first try it with a different card reader.
    if the old cardreader really did damage the memory card there's a good chance windows PC's freeze when you insert the card(removing it usually unfreezes the PC)
    in that case try formatting the card using a different device such as a phone.

if the card is read properly, you're lucky.
    throw out the old cardreader, run a checkdisk on the memory card, and replace any missing files.

3. zeno16
    OP

Newcomer zeno16 Advanced Member

Sweden
    yeah i am, sadly i don't got anyother card reader, but i tried it on my mom and bros computer, they won't detect it either, so it is probably the reader that is broken, but i can't say for sure and yeah my m3 reads the card with no problems.