M3 sd card not detected

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by zeno16, Apr 10, 2010.

1. zeno16
    OP

zeno16 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    Hi guys, i got a little odd problem, a few minutes ago while transfering a few files the transfer progress froze, so i closed it down and disconnected the sd card using the safe way, but now when i connect it to the computer i get the new hardware detected sound, but nothing shows up, since i can't see it i can't format it, does anyone know any other way? In disk management it shows up as no medium, but the card works in my dsi.

thanks [​IMG]

2. thedicemaster

thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Apr 26, 2008
    Netherlands
    are you using the one you got with your flashcart?
    if so, there's a good chance it broke.

first try it with a different card reader.
    if the old cardreader really did damage the memory card there's a good chance windows PC's freeze when you insert the card(removing it usually unfreezes the PC)
    in that case try formatting the card using a different device such as a phone.

if the card is read properly, you're lucky.
    throw out the old cardreader, run a checkdisk on the memory card, and replace any missing files.

3. zeno16
    OP

zeno16 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    yeah i am, sadly i don't got anyother card reader, but i tried it on my mom and bros computer, they won't detect it either, so it is probably the reader that is broken, but i can't say for sure and yeah my m3 reads the card with no problems.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice