M3 Sakura freezes with MP3

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Rbox, May 11, 2009.

May 11, 2009

M3 Sakura freezes with MP3 by Rbox at 9:03 PM (1,122 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Rbox
    OP

Newcomer Rbox Member

Belgium
    Hey, just like the title says: Sakura completely freezes when I try to play an MP3 from a folder which has 3gig of music files in it. The other boot system does not have this problem and plays my music just fine. Any ideas?

2. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    What version of Sakura do you have?

3. Rbox
    OP

Newcomer Rbox Member

Belgium

4. KazoWAR

Member KazoWAR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    theres to many songs in the folder, it happened to me. the system makes a playlist of all the music files in the folder and the more the files there are the longer it takes, it seems like its frozen but its just making the list. since you have 3 gigs im guessing there at leat a 1000 or 2 songs in it. i had about 500 and it was locking on trying to play them.

5. Rbox
    OP

Newcomer Rbox Member

Belgium
    OK, I mustered this conclusion also, but Moonshell 1.71 can play the files fine after a 3 minute wait. Sakura immediately shows all files, but then chokes on playing. Moonshell 1.71 doesn't show the files in the folder immediately but only after about 3 minutes. But it then plays everything flawlessly.

And 3gig, that's about 630 songs.

6. Jimen

Newcomer Jimen Member

United States
    If you split it into several folders or subfolders, it ought to work fine; this isn't the first time I've seen software/firmware overwhelmed under the sheer strain of having more than a couple hundred files in a single folder, and even just restricting things to DS homebrew, issues tend to be pretty common when there's too many ROMs or media files in one single folder.

7. Rbox
    OP

Newcomer Rbox Member

Belgium
    That's just the thing, I don't want subfolders cause it's set on shuffle play for all the songs so it runs for hours.