M3 Real Purchase

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Ballistic, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Ballistic
    OP

Ballistic GBAtemp Regular

Jul 12, 2008
    United States
    After a bit of looking into this flashcart, I've become more and more interested. And now...I want to buy one :]

But before that I do that, I have a few questions:
    • Does the Sakura Firmware support RTS save?
    • How is the GBA compatibility for its GBA expansion?
    • Does Sakura Firmware support GBA RTS saves; and how well does it do it?
    • And most importantly (at least to me), where can I buy a MicroSD side-slot M3 Real (I like it's build quality more).

2. Densetsu

Densetsu Pubic Ninja

Former Staff
    Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    Wouldn't YOU like to know?
    • Does the Sakura Firmware support RTS save?
    Yes it does, both for GBA and NDS ROMs.
    • How is the GBA compatibility for its GBA expansion?
    The only ROM you'll likely have trouble with is Pokemon Emerald because of the in-game clock. Currently there's no way to fix this. Other than that everything should work fine. So out of a total 2819 GBA ROMs, 2818 should work (that's 99.96% compatibility).
    • Does Sakura Firmware support GBA RTS saves; and how well does it do it?
    Yes, and it works perfectly for all games I've ever tried. I've heard that some games are glitchy with it, but I have yet to find a GBA ROM that's glitchy with RTS.
    • And most importantly (at least to me), where can I buy a MicroSD side-slot M3 Real (I like it's build quality more).
    I think people are getting their side-loading flashcart from Deal Extreme (but don't quote me on that). I know that the product images in the link show a top-loading flashcart, but that doesn't mean anything.

3. qwsed

qwsed GBAtemp Regular

Oct 23, 2008
    Since you guys wont answer me on the other thread ill try this one ^^

I have an Acekard 2 right now and i can put the option "soft reset" on my whole "Games" folder so the function works on all games in that folder. Can i do the same on Sakura? Or do i have to do it on every single game in my games folder?

4. Densetsu

Densetsu Pubic Ninja

Former Staff
    Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    Wouldn't YOU like to know?
    You can't do that with Sakura. Each game has to be set individually. Kind of a pain...

5. qwsed

qwsed GBAtemp Regular

Oct 23, 2008
    well i guess its a one timer ^^ [​IMG] Thanks for your answer

6. xJonny

xJonny ...

Aug 16, 2007
    I'd assume that all new batches have side microSD slots, so a site that regularly gets new stock like DealExtreme will probably have them - but don't quote me on that.