Hacking M3 Real Games Run Slow?

powerpuff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's hard to tell, but it seems to me that - at least with one of my memory cards - games on the M3 Real run ... slowly. As in just 90% of normal speed. It's hard to be certain, since of course I don't have many originals to compare against.

I used to use a Supercard CF on my old NDS, got an M3 Real to go with my new DS Lite. Games just seem... pokier... on the M3.

I'm not talking about loading times, or memory access times, which I know will be a little slower on any MicroSD versus fast CF.

Can slow MicroSD be the culprit? The problem seems much worse on the slower of my two sticks. Should I be shopping for a faster stick yet? Or ... ?

powerpuff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thedicemaster said:
some games can have problems with slow microSD's.
but most should still run at 100%.

Ok, so the question that's been asked 100,000 times and never fully answered - is there a known-good MicroSD I can order? A couple guys here ordered M3 Reals and we'd like to just order a few good sticks!

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it's hard to tell which ones are good.
class 4 and 6 cards are often good, japanese ones are recommended, but it's still quite random if a microSD is good enough or not.
i have a chinese class 2 4GB sandisk microSDHC, which is supposed to be a real troublemaker, but it runs fine with all games even when others with the same microSD have problems on that game.

powerpuff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured it out, after reformatting my SD with the SDFormatter it all seems fine (except for problem games since my SD is 10M/s).

Johnyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have got blue old ds (from bundle with nintendogs lab and friends) and m3 ds real too. i must tell you - saving is even faster - i have fast card so there should be problem with slow microSDs

powerpuff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok this has recurred. It's weird, it comes and goes. I'm just not sure what would be causing this, but when it happens the ENTIRE GAME runs at about 90% of full speed. Music is slower, samples play slower, EVERYTHING is slower. It's WEIRD!

powerpuff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, I've never activated slow-mode. This has happened to me off and on over the past couple weeks, at first I thought it was the memory card I was using, so I switched to another one and it went away. Then it recurred... so I reformatted the memory card and it went away. Last night, on two consecutive boots of the DS, it was slow one boot and normal the next.

It's really noticeable on busier games, on TWEWY for example the music runs slower and the characters move slower and the samples are slower and everything...

Starting to wonder if maybe I got a dodgy M3. I've only had it a couple weeks, I suppose I could always RMA it or order another.

Dragoon709

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've had my M3 Real since april and have not seen/noticed any issues. i've got a couple of friends that have nds lite with originals to my roms and they match frame for frame and sample for sample. my stick is a 4GB sandisk class 2 Chinese made microsd hc.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
my m3 real is under month old. Some of hardware is diffrent i read before getting it, like mine has no springloaded microSD slot.

Only game i had problems yet is Castlevania: PoR.
I conducted a test, i had my cycloDS evo on friend's DS lite, had m3 real on my own, i satrted the opening vid on both same time - On some part video lagged on M3 real and thus making it so that video came after the sound(effects) and cycloDS finished the video before M3.

That is only game, still, with problems. You are in trouble only if you want castlevania badly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Its good if you have any important documents for say a business that you don't want...