Hacking M3 Real Cheat System Suggestions

valamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am pretty new to the gbatemp forums but you guys have helped me so much as far as setting up my DS with my M3 Real.
You have covered all the basics to setting it up and a lot of extra information too.

But there is one thing I have noticed that nobody seems to have touched on, the cheat systems lack of user friendlyness.
I know its probably nothing anyone can change and its up to the makers of the firmware but there is no stylus scrollbar & it's really frustrating having to scroll through my cheats by repetadly pushing the down arrow.

Also unlike the official Action Replay DS there is no expanding tree structure. It's all just one list and it can take a long time to reach the code you want (especially in games like Pokemon Diamond or Pearl where you may have to scroll through codes for Items and Pokemon that are quite long instead of them being in there own expandable tree).

I think this problem is not just with M3? I think other flash carts firmware are similar too.
It would be really great if the creators of the firmware could make these adjustments.
I would like to know what everyone else thinks too, or if there is any way to make these adjustments yourself.

Thank you

valamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Another fault I find with the current cheat system that I forgot to mention is some codes have descriptions and instuctions with them, and they get cut off as they are too long (eg. activate this cheat by pressing L + R then wa...).
It would be nice to be able to read the rest of it, maybe if they added a word-wrap function or scrolling text... just a thought

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress