M3 Perfect not loading game

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by greentwig, Jan 21, 2013.

Jan 21, 2013
  1. greentwig
    OP

Newcomer greentwig Member

Sweden
    Hello, im trying to help a friend out by making his m3-card working. Ive installed the main files and included som games into the SD. Its a 2gb if it matters any. Could it have to do with that?

And how do i boot GBA-games?

Best regards

2. dickfour

Banned dickfour Banned

United States
    Press the start button. I have a feeling you're pressing the A button to start

3. greentwig
    OP

Sweden
    Thats not the problem. Ive installed another firmware now but i runs very slow and pokmn black wont even boot. Pkmn platinum seems to boot alright.

Second problem is that i dont even know how to boot GBA-games. Just comes up that there is no hardware in boot-2, even though M3 real perfect Slot-2 Card is there.

Help is appreciated! :)

4. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    To get it to detect the slot2 you will likely need to pull it out and reinsert it several times while trying to detect it with your slot1 cart. Depending on how old that thing is, you might have to leave it in while charging your DS before you can use it.

5. greentwig
    OP

Sweden
    That helped. Thank you.

Only one problem remains and that is to make pkmn black work. Ive played it on the card myself a while ago. The rom is now gone, though. I think it was specially patched to run on m3 real-cards. Problem is i cant find it via google. Anyone that can give me a hint of where to find one working?

Best Regards

6. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    The M3 GEP is a RAM module, it is slot1 dependant, no exception. Anything you write to it will be gone when you cut power. The save should still be there so backup your save the moment you turn it back on.

7. greentwig
    OP

Sweden
    Its not that. I removed it on purpose a while ago. My question is: how do i play pkmn black on this kind of card? Because i cant find it anywhere so my last try is to ask on this forum.

8. greentwig
    OP

Sweden
    The pkmn black rom ive tried last didnt seem to be compatible. Even though it was patched. It is really important to my friend that the card contains this game, working.

9. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    Which pokemon black are you refering to.

The DS version: go see the correct AP thread in the rom hacking section.
    The GBA version: I don't have it, all I can probably say about it is you messed up somewhere with the patching.
    The GB version: never seen much of it beyond a youtube video describing and showing what happens in it.