Hacking M3 MiniSD, AR Cheat Question

hhel11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if there are any good resources (FAQ's, etc.) that can explain in depth, how to use the Cheat functionality within the M3 Adapter MiniSD. I see that the option is offered, when I use the M3 Game Manager, I can enable Cheat functionality within the ROM during its transfer to the MiniSD and it asks me to apply a cheat.txt file. I took a look at some of the cheat.txt's that are already in the M3 Program folder and tried to compile my own .txt to apply to a Pokemon Pearl ROM. I found a few ActionReplay codes that I wanted to use, so I went and made up the txt with that info, following the other cheat.txt's layout. After this, the ROM was uploaded to the MiniSD. I went to play the game and when i started it, it just gave me a black screen. Since I know that the ROM plays fine without the cheat, I was thinking perhaps I compiled my .txt incorrectly. I just used one cheat, it was a standard AR code, but does the M3 MiniSD support AR, or does this code need to be converted somehow. Also, I know that AR codes for the most part require a Master (M) code to enable the others to work properly. This was not supplied with the AR code I received because its intended use was for a real retail AR that im assuming would automatically have the Master code applied, hence the reason why only the cheat's code itself was supplied, not the whole needed string (Master code, as well as cheat code).

So, if anyone could point me in the right direction here, it'd be greatly appreciated. I really want to half hack this Darkrai pokemon through the use of the Mystery Gift function
yaynds.gif

Thanks,
HHEL11

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably because the game cover looks like it's meant for little kids