Hacking M3 Gba expansion pack???

onlinebrowser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What caught my eye about the M3 Gba expansion pack is that it has a shell replacement that could technically fit on a Gba. Would it be possible to load a game into the cards ram and would it play on the Gba?
unsure.gif

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
onlinebrowser said:
What caught my eye about the M3 Gba expansion pack is that it has a shell replacement that could technically fit on a Gba. Would it be possible to load a game into the cards ram and would it play on the Gba?
unsure.gif

No, once power is turned off or the card is removed the ram is whipped out.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The M3 GBA Expansion doesn't have any NOR flash(games won't delete after power off on this) but it does have RAM, which deletes power off, and the DS is the only thing that can write games to the cart. Same thing with the Ewin expansion, the only expansion I know of that has NOR flash with PSRAM is the EZ 3in1, so it should work in a GBA if you write the game to it on a DS and use a PHAT case.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It should save if it is SRAM patched, and if you use the GBA EXPLoader, it SHOULD do that supposedly(but it never worked for me) or you can do it manually. If you have an M3 Real or something, it's built in GBA support will not work with a 3in1, and neither will the new versions of GBA EXPLoader unless you patch them(the patch didn't work for me... maybe I'll try a different patcher).

Dionysus

Trophies
XP
Country
KazoWAR said:
onlinebrowser said:
unsure.gif

No, once power is turned off or the card is removed the ram is whipped out.
seriously i didnot know that
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Mj you are the father