Hacking M3 GBA cheat codes do not work

stupid2ass

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all.

I just tried some GBA gaming lately and I discovered that cheat codes started when the game initially starts up do NOT work.
I tried this on both my M3-CF and M3-miniSD units and neither one works.
I tried it on all the Castlevanias, Advance Wars and Final Fantasy Tactics advance (I'm more interested in Infinite money) and nothing is changed when playing the game.

Did this function ever work? If so, how am I supposed to use the cheats (I can't use it while in the game) I'm on Fimware 29 and using the latest client. I tried both the Chinese and English software+cheats to no avail.

I'm working around it via VisualBoy and transfering the save files back and forth but that's a pain to say the least.

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
Mine have worked fine so far (aside from cheats I've tried to make myself).

If you applied a CHT file when adding a game in the M3 Game Manager, then when you start the game, the first thing that you see should be a menu with the cheats listed (much like a trainer). There you can use the D-pad to select a cheat, then the A button to enable/disbale, then Start to continue starting the game.

stupid2ass

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mine have worked fine so far (aside from cheats I've tried to make myself).

If you applied a CHT file when adding a game in the M3 Game Manager, then when you start the game, the first thing that you see should be a menu with the cheats listed (much like a trainer). There you can use the D-pad to select a cheat, then the A button to enable/disbale, then Start to continue starting the game.
That's exactly what I tried. Example is Final Fantasy Advance tactics. I select the game from the menu, the cheat menu comes up. I select the Main Enable, then Infinite Money. I tried both a saved file and starting from scratch and when I go to buy an item, the money is still 5000.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I think I shall review it once I beat it