Hacking M3 Game Manager v31 (SD) save blank for GBA

rh0gee

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK, sorry of the n00b question, but I have spent some time googling for my problem. Here it is:

Just got the M3 Lite w/ 1GB micro SD from Echostore.
I used the M3 Game Manager loaded on my XP to "write GBA" every game I've thrown on there:
BruceLee.gba
WarioLand_4.gba
FFDawnOfSouls.gba
FFTacticsAdv_patch.gba
MegaManZero.GBA
ActivisionAnthology.gba
Metroid Fusion (U).gba
Zelda Link To The Past.gba
Super_Mario_Advance_4.gba
Metroid Zero Mission.gba
Super_Mario_Advance_3.gba
DragonBallZ_2_Trm.gba
BG2453 Digidrive (J).gba
Zelda Minish Cap.gba
Yggdra Union_.gba
Castlevania Aria Of Sorrow.gba
Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance.gba
Super_Mario_Advance_2.gba

When I boot up the DS and load the GBA slot, I can play a game
(Bruce Lee was my choice since I can get to a save spot pretty early) But when I reboot the DS, I get:
"Warning! GBA Save game already exists on this card, but autosave cannot be found Backup failed. Press A to continue."
I continue to the main menu. Sometimes the game save is still in the rom when I load it, but when I try to you M3Game Manager
to create a Saver Blank file (.dat) within the "GAMESAVE" directory that I've created, the program will try to create it after I give it the
Rom's name w/ a .dat instead of .gba, but will give the pop up "saver file failed" and there is still nothing in the GAMESAVE dir. after
trying this, I seemed to have lost the save game (again).

Can someone help PLEASE!

cheers,
rh0gii

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
OK, sorry of the n00b question, but I have spent some time googling for my problem. Here it is:

Just got the M3 Lite w/ 1GB micro SD from Echostore.
I used the M3 Game Manager loaded on my XP to "write GBA" every game I've thrown on there:
BruceLee.gba
WarioLand_4.gba
FFDawnOfSouls.gba
FFTacticsAdv_patch.gba
MegaManZero.GBA
ActivisionAnthology.gba
Metroid Fusion (U).gba
Zelda Link To The Past.gba
Super_Mario_Advance_4.gba
Metroid Zero Mission.gba
Super_Mario_Advance_3.gba
DragonBallZ_2_Trm.gba
BG2453 Digidrive (J).gba
Zelda Minish Cap.gba
Yggdra Union_.gba
Castlevania Aria Of Sorrow.gba
Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance.gba
Super_Mario_Advance_2.gba

When I boot up the DS and load the GBA slot, I can play a game
(Bruce Lee was my choice since I can get to a save spot pretty early)Â But when I reboot the DS, I get:
"Warning! GBA Save game already exists on this card, but autosave cannot be found Backup failed. Press A to continue."
I continue to the main menu. Sometimes the game save is still in the rom when I load it, but when I try to you M3Game Manager
to create a Saver Blank file (.dat) within the "GAMESAVE" directory that I've created, the program will try to create it after I give it the
Rom's name w/ a .dat instead of .gba, but will give the pop up "saver file failed" and there is still nothing in the GAMESAVE dir. after
trying this, I seemed to have lost the save game (again).

Can someone help PLEASE!

cheers,
rh0gii
Strange... To me it looks like it can't write to the SD-card from the M3 Lite. Try and format it again. Maybe it works...

Btw, your Game Manager is old. Updating isn't a solution to the problem, but some new games might work.

rh0gee

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply. After sleeping on it, I figured the problem might be that I have been using a MacBook running Parallels (WinXP) that
may have been causing the problem. So, I pull out my old laptop (pentium II) and found the latest M3 GM (v32b) installed it and noticed when I
did the "write GBA" function w/ the PC-laptop that the .dat was actually getting written. I guess there is no love for Mac OSx users but at least have have an old HP 4150 to do my dirty work. Thanks for the reply.

But this does bring up another question: Are there any solutions for using this w/ a Mac OSX machine?

Cheers,
rhogii

ZeWarriorReturnz

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply. After sleeping on it, I figured the problem might be that I have been using a MacBook running Parallels (WinXP) that
may have been causing the problem. So, I pull out my old laptop (pentium II) and found the latest M3 GM (v32b) installed it and noticed when I
did the "write GBA" function w/ the PC-laptop that the .dat was actually getting written. I guess there is no love for Mac OSx users but at least have have an old HP 4150 to do my dirty work. Thanks for the reply.

But this does bring up another question: Are there any solutions for using this w/ a Mac OSX machine?

Cheers,
rhogii

There's probably nothing that can solve this. But I don't see how the program would know though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1