Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

M3 DS Simply loader v1.07 released

Out now!

m3dssimplyzg0.gif
Following yesterdays R4 DS update, the M3 Team have today released the latest loader for the M3 DS Simply (v1.07). This update includes the same fixes and functionality as the R4 DS update. Check the change log below and download the update locally from our Download Centre.[title:M3 DS Simply loader v1.07 change log]Language: English

Updated Date: 2007-7-30 18:00:01

Version: 1.11

Instructions: R4 v1.11 kernel

1?Solved the soft reset of some games, for example: 1158 Zelda

2?Solved the white screen issue of game 1209

3?Adding the on/off option for real-time cheats switch

4?Updated moonshell to v1.71 and supporting soft reset

5?Full download play support
download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Source

Thanks to ahtin for the news!

Bruinbaard

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i yesterday bought my m3 but do i need the other updates also ?? like before this one

And where i get themes from and how i make them work on my ds?? i got like 13 default themes on it but can't make them work...

Are there any other things a beginner on m3 has to know?

superkyre

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.extendedplaystudios.com
XP
Country
M3DSS owners will be happy today.
biggrin.gif

God yes.
rofl2.gif

And in such a short time too since the R4 update. It seems the M3 team is 'almost' getting to the same update speed as the R4. I was expecting it to come out about a couple of week later.

M3DSS is awesome. Kudos to the M3 team!

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i yesterday bought my m3 but do i need the other updates also ?? like before this one

And where i get themes from and how i make them work on my ds?? i got like 13 default themes on it but can't make them work...

Are there any other things a beginner on m3 has to know?

Just put this one on your card, there's no need to install older loaders first.

Bongloads

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
I'd just like to point out that the M3DS Simply Rom Trimmer that they've been distributing since the launch of the product (I've had it since Jan '07) is in fact the exact same program as the "new" 2.0 R4DS Trimmer. That's right, exactly 24.576 bytes each, same logo, and same 1.0.0.1 version number in Windows properties. In fact, you may also note the "R4DS ROM Trimmer MFC Application" under the description - on both files
wink.gif
So it seems that while the R4 team is always pushing out their firmware first, it was the M3 side of the equation that gave us the "proper" trimmer to begin with.
lecture.gif

kaktus.ds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd just like to point out that the M3DS Simply Rom Trimmer that they've been distributing since the launch of the product (I've had it since Jan '07) is in fact the exact same program as the "new" 2.0 R4DS Trimmer. That's right, exactly 24.576 bytes each, same logo, and same 1.0.0.1 version number in Windows properties. In fact, you may also note the "R4DS ROM Trimmer MFC Application" under the description - on both files
wink.gif
So it seems that while the R4 team is always pushing out their firmware first, it was the M3 side of the equation that gave us the "proper" trimmer to begin with.Â
lecture.gif

Just to point out a thing to you then.
While both the R4DS Rom Trimmer v1.0, AND R4DS Rom Trimmer v2.0 are EXACTLY 24576 bytes, AND uses the same version number in Windows rightclick-on-file-click-properties-then-version-tab (v1.0.0.1)... the binary code HAS changed.
Try it out for yourself.

Google "binary file compare" or something and test it.

I couldn't check it myself because I can't find the M3DS Simply Rom Trimmer v1.0.

BUT I did just make a test with the M3 Rom Trimmer v2.0 and compared that file with the NEW R4DS Rom Trimmer v2.0... guess what. The files were IDENTICAL.

So there you have it.
Always make sure to do a binary comparision of the files, and don't trust file sizes or that windows version crap.
lecture.gif

happy.gif

EDIT: Yeah, that means that you'll probably have to re-trim your roms.
Although, only the ones that had problem with download play to begin with.

EDIT#2: And the file version of the M3 ROM Trimmer v2.0 is 31th July 2007, although this can be easily faked, I suspect they really have updated the file. Which in that case would mean you're wrong about the whole January 2007, same file, and before R4 thing.

EDIT#3: I really should go back to playing Phoenix Wright now.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing