M3 DS Real Freezing Problem

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Dex Antares, Jul 23, 2009.

Jul 23, 2009
  1. Dex Antares
    OP

Newcomer Dex Antares Member

United States
    My M3 DS Real has been freezing up a lot on me in the past few weeks. I can't try any real solutions until I know the cause of the problem, so here's some information on what I've been doing with it.

-I'm currently running the Sakura firmware, v. 140x, USA and European.
    -4 gig Micro SD flash card.
    -This is the side-loader M3 DS Real, with a slimmer build than the original, so it fits easier inside of my DS.
    -Games that use video codecs seem to give me the most trouble. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor has been particularly troublesome.
    -I've tried formatting and re-installing all the firmware a few times.
    -I've tried deleting my MP3's, as well as several games, and I'm generally very careful about memory usage on my card.

Every now and then, my DS Lite tends to shut off when left idling. It's happened at least twice, which has me rather concerned. It's about two years old. I got it around December of 2007, and I've tried to take good care of it.

Any insight at all would be greatly appreciated.

2. Ryufushichou

Member Ryufushichou I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!

Australia
    Wrong Section -.- But i wouldnt have a clue. i have an M3 DS real running sakura firmware, and i havent had a single problem. maybe redownloading firmware and formatting the card would fix it.

3. Dex Antares
    OP

Newcomer Dex Antares Member

United States
    I already did that. No good. And why not tell me where to post instead of telling me where not to post?

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    He means that generally DS-related questions go in the DS section, not the GBA section. The DS's "Hardware Devices And Utilities" section would probably be the right one to put it in.