Homebrew lunching the web browser through HANS.

NodePoint

  
Trophies
that was a lie -- actually somewhere in europe
XP
Country
United States
Not too sure if one can "lunch" the browser via the homebrew menu or rather in this case, HANS.

In the normal home menu, you're able to go to things like the browser and friend list via the top (fixed) dock but you would be unable to have the 3DS to keep it running in the background (it would go right to the home menu instead of zooming out from the application and have it still running [but paused]).

If those are only accessible by going into a different firmware mode then HANS is currently unable to do that sort of thing with the control it has.
What has to be remembered here is that they aren't some ordinary 3DS applications that you could just pick outside the home menu (or more specifically the centre tweakable dock).

It would be great for someone to put out their thoughts on this. After all, this is just based off of some assumptions and the tests I had performed on HANS.

Last edited by NodePoint,

SANNIC789

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well no but you can change the lango with it by seding it to regen jap and lango jap in the systum seding with hands and then it crashes then pres down L R B and go to internet bowser normly and thare ya go

Megalegacy98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You want to lunch the web browser with your hans?
I've always wanted to know what a web browser tasted like!

Srsly tho, why use the browser with hans? Is it because you were blocked from using it and want to use it to browse the internet?

D

Deleted-236924

You may not.

Homebrew can only really launch actual apps. System apps, games, stuff like that.

The things at the top of your home menu, however (Game Notes, Friends list, Notifications, Web Browser and MiiVerse), are Applets, which behave differently to normal apps. They run on the home menu alongside any app you may be running.
Homebrew gives us userland access, which is, anything a regular game or app can access. That is because it runs as a game. Games can't launch applets on their own, you have to launch them from the home menu, so we can't run them from HBL.

In fact a few of these applets show up on N3DS in HBL when trying to use region free launcher (or at least they show up in title launcher on masher's launcher), but attempting to select them to run them only blackscreens.

Reactions: VegaRoXas

thatbooisaspy

Trophies
XP
Country
What the heck is this thread?

Anyway web browser is a fake title and can only be accessed by the home menu (which is also a fake title). So no, it isn't possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol