lunching the web browser through HANS.

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by OmegaGamezHD, Dec 27, 2015.

1. OmegaGamezHD
    OP

OmegaGamezHD Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2015
    Canada
    Is it possible to lunch the web browser through HANS?

2. OctopusRift

OctopusRift GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"

Nov 19, 2014
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Soup or Sandwich?

Last edited by OctopusRift, Dec 27, 2015
  3. RainCode

RainCode The Temper that Tampers

Sep 29, 2015
    /dev/null
    Not too sure if one can "lunch" the browser via the homebrew menu or rather in this case, HANS.

In the normal home menu, you're able to go to things like the browser and friend list via the top (fixed) dock but you would be unable to have the 3DS to keep it running in the background (it would go right to the home menu instead of zooming out from the application and have it still running [but paused]).

If those are only accessible by going into a different firmware mode then HANS is currently unable to do that sort of thing with the control it has.
    What has to be remembered here is that they aren't some ordinary 3DS applications that you could just pick outside the home menu (or more specifically the centre tweakable dock).

It would be great for someone to put out their thoughts on this. After all, this is just based off of some assumptions and the tests I had performed on HANS.

Last edited by RainCode, Dec 27, 2015
  4. Bunie

Bunie #1 Princess

Aug 19, 2010
    United States
    Pleasureville, KY
    Why would you want to Lunch (Launch?) The web browser through Hans? I don't see much of a purpose.

5. SANNIC789

SANNIC789 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 3, 2015
    United States
    well no but you can change the lango with it by seding it to regen jap and lango jap in the systum seding with hands and then it crashes then pres down L R B and go to internet bowser normly and thare ya go

6. Megalegacy98

Megalegacy98 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)™

Aug 11, 2015
    United States
    Just around the corner™
    You want to lunch the web browser with your hans?
    I've always wanted to know what a web browser tasted like!

Srsly tho, why use the browser with hans? Is it because you were blocked from using it and want to use it to browse the internet?

7. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    You may not.

Homebrew can only really launch actual apps. System apps, games, stuff like that.

The things at the top of your home menu, however (Game Notes, Friends list, Notifications, Web Browser and MiiVerse), are Applets, which behave differently to normal apps. They run on the home menu alongside any app you may be running.
    Homebrew gives us userland access, which is, anything a regular game or app can access. That is because it runs as a game. Games can't launch applets on their own, you have to launch them from the home menu, so we can't run them from HBL.

In fact a few of these applets show up on N3DS in HBL when trying to use region free launcher (or at least they show up in title launcher on masher's launcher), but attempting to select them to run them only blackscreens.

VegaRoXas likes this.
  8. I_AM_L_FORCE

I_AM_L_FORCE Unban me from Discord

Feb 19, 2015
    London
    Browser for lunch? I'm alright.

9. thatbooisaspy

thatbooisaspy GBAtemp Fan

Oct 28, 2015
    What the heck is this thread?

Anyway web browser is a fake title and can only be accessed by the home menu (which is also a fake title). So no, it isn't possible.