Hacking Homebrew Luna can’t restore island saves

gamecartgirl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I installed Luna and the templates. I go to my old dream island, I dump it. I load it in to NHSE make a few changes like change the island name, bells etc and then I restore the save to my switch with JKSV and when I restore it, then load the gamesave it loads, then I get the new game animation at the beginning with Tom nook and it wasn’t a me to start a new island / game. I don’t know if the templates are broken or what but I can’t get any island that was dumped in Lina to load on my console, edited or otherwise. Am I doing something wrong?

belliq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can troubleshoot by seeing if you can get the island to load in Ryujinx, that'll narrow down if the problem is with the save file or the process of transferring it to your Switch. But after that I'd recommend posting to issues on Luna's github to get support.

gamecartgirl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can troubleshoot by seeing if you can get the island to load in Ryujinx, that'll narrow down if the problem is with the save file or the process of transferring it to your Switch. But after that I'd recommend posting to issues on Luna's github to get support.
I narrowed down the issue, it was faulty templates supplied by the developer, they no longer work on the latest acnh. So what I did was took my game save, added it as a template and copied the villager folder 9 times and renamed each copy to villager1, villager2 etc and then it worked. The only issue now is that I’m worried that since it loads the persons character, island that Nintendo would ban it, the passport on the gamesave is that or the dreamcode owner And so is the ID like the creator ID and you can’t edit those values in NHSE unfortunately.

I found that you can clone islands you visit and if someone’s just started or has a modded treasure island they don’t seem to have these ID associated with their passport. I’m not sure what the ban risk would be putting said cloned island online

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Now go take a shower @BakerMan . Phew +1