OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've read that a game called Lumines has an exploit that enables a psp running 3.40 to be downgraded, but my question is that if i go out and buy a new retail version will it be patched? Or will i have to go to a second hand store or flee market?

Servbot #37

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have a psp slim but apparently i need to mod a psp phat so i can make a pandora battery....or so ive read. Luckily my cousin has a psp phat that i am able to use, win-win.

If i can buy this "tool battery" in stores then im all for it.

Servbot #37

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
But the only way to make a pandora is with a psp running 1.5 or another custom firmware, and the only way to get one of those is to mod my cousins.
So to mod my cousins psp i am going to have to use the Lumines Exploit thingy.

Lodis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But the only way to make a pandora is with a psp running 1.5 or another custom firmware, and the only way to get one of those is to mod my cousins.
So to mod my cousins psp i am going to have to use the Lumines Exploit thingy.

If you buy the Datel Tool battery then you can use one of the Pandora GUI's on your PC to create the Memstick without having to rely on anyone elses modded Psp. You would only need a modded Psp if there was no way to get hold of a pre made Pandora battery which isn't the case anymore.

Servbot #37

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I wasnt able to find Lumines anywhere in town, only places left are Zellers and the flee market(but sadly only sundays).
So i guess i am going to have to buy the tool battery or a pre-made pandora. Where is the cheapest places i can buy one of these online that accept paypal? Ebay seems so expensive >_>

Oh and if i get one of those will i be able to mod both of the psp's?

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've read that a game called Lumines has an exploit that enables a psp running 3.40 to be downgraded, but my question is that if i go out and buy a new retail version will it be patched? Or will i have to go to a second hand store or flee market?
Lumines bought now is probably a patched version. Second hand (tested and proven to be able to downgrade perhaps?) would be best. Pandora can be used too of course (needed for slim even), shouldn't be to hard either but might not be your first choice (if you can get lumines pretty cheap, my mates were able to get it at about 10 euros, I wouldn't go and mod my battery regardless of how easy that is (especially since you will need to buy a pre modded one or hardware mod it)).

As for downgrading with it, got me guide here
smile.gif

http://psp.scorpei.com/TBGTPSPHB.html

*edit* the pandora battery is different for phat and slim PSP so you would need 2 batteries if you would want to mod both of them (or use one to create a battery for the other if possible, not too sure bout that).

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
*edit* the pandora battery is different for phat and slim PSP so you would need 2 batteries if you would want to mod both of them (or use one to create a battery for the other if possible, not too sure bout that).
I'm pretty sure the batteries are the same and you only need different software on the magic memory stick for phat/slim.
The phat tool battery should work for PSP Slim&Lite as well as PSP Phat...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Never fight uphill, me boys.