Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The original ReiNand just patches "Ver" when it loads. It's fine on original ReiNand since it can only run emuNand. However it would also patch AuReiNand on sysNand, and I want to have different version strings on Sys/EmuNand.
So I need a way to check if we're actually on EmuNAND OR on SysNAND.
Only have a string on emunand => easy (there's already a function in the code that only gets called when emunand is loaded)
Have different strings on emu/sysnand => less easy, two different threads would be needed (rxtools has a completely different emunand patch which allows them to detect. not sure how to implement that). Sorry but not going to spend time on this as I think it's useless.
Also, you need to find the offsets for the thread for all the involved FIRMs (or find a pattern to locate it).

Last edited by Aurora Wright,
Reactions: peteruk

DigitalJosee

Go your clever boy, and remember me!
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Aurora, Could you implement an "on-the-fly" patch for GBA/DS(i) titles?
Like:
  1. Check the Title ID;
  2. If it match larger RAM mode games, does nothing;
  3. If it isn't match that games, use the AGB reboot mode.

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i think even having the same in both sysnand/emunand would be useful, just to be sure ar,9loaderhax actually loaded the right stuff and that we can update.
Do you realize that if SysNAND loaded from a9lh that's a pretty good indicator that this code worked? As there's no cfw-less boot when using a9lh. You can be 100% sure that if you have a9lh, and sysnand boots (with this cfw), you can update.

A proper reboot patch that doesn't make AGB/TWL stuff fail is possible. There's a private one, so I know. But until something is publicly released I'm not a reverse engineer so I can't make one on my own.

Koryushin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
3) On Old3DS, if you're not using the 9.0 FIRM, the FIRM reboot patch is applied by default, to allow games which work in the larger RAM mode (Smash Bros, MH4...) to work. This prevents GBA and DS/DSiWare games from working, however, you can disable the patch by holding A on boot. If you create a "/rei/reversereboot" file, the patch will be disabled unless you hold A (so, the opposite behavior).

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
O3DS users have to deal with the reboot patch. :P

Is that reboot patch for emunand only? I ask because I'm on a O3DS with updated sysnand and have the reverseboot file to make gba/ds work but large RAM games still work fine with no special triggers at boot which if I read correctly shouldn't happen. I just want to know if I can claim having all features working simultaneously as a feature of using a updated sysnand over a emunand.

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is that reboot patch for emunand only? I ask because I'm on a O3DS with updated sysnand and have the reverseboot file to make gba/ds work but large RAM games still work fine with no special triggers at boot which if I read correctly shouldn't happen. I just want to know if I can claim having all features working simultaneously as a feature of using a updated sysnand over a emunand.
reboot patch is applied => GBA/DS/i fail, Smash/MH4 work
reboot patch is not applied => Smash/MH4 fail, GBA/DS/i work

This patch doesn't allow for both things to work at the same time.

Last edited by Aurora Wright,
Reactions: RayFirefist

PixelBurst

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I'm very sorry for these bullshit post. but gba game works fine.

Is that only for people that have swapped sysnand and emunand? Or does it only work if NANDs are linked? I'm trying to get VC working, but I just get the "error has occured power off" message. I've already installed the patched AGB_Firm.

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that only for people that have swapped sysnand and emunand? Or does it only work if NANDs are linked? I'm trying to get VC working, but I just get the "error has occured power off" message. I've already installed the patched AGB_Firm.
Running from EmuNAND has always required additionally installing the software (but not the FIRM, IIRC) in SysNAND.

Reactions: PixelBurst

PixelBurst

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Running from EmuNAND has always required additionally installing the software (but not the FIRM, IIRC) in SysNAND.

Cheers, new to the scene in general, but have got through most things without asking too many questions - the stuff on AGB_Firm seems to be all over the place with no definitive answers on what to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU