Not open for further replies.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh well,

I updated to 6.6 recently and my N3DS EUR wasn't booting anymore. So I found the troubleshooting and found that I had the svcBreak error.
I did the steps with the external loader.cxi file and was able to get into home menu again. Then I proceeded to install the EUR Home Menu cia. The NS.cia I could not install, FBI would just throw me an error saying that this title already existed.

Long story short, now the N3DS won't boot anymore, also not with the loader.cxi external file method. I can't get into home menu anymore.

What I absolutely fail to understand is why it will not boot anymore even if I use an older Luma release, which worked perfectly fine before. Did installing the EUR home menu file break this?

What do I do now? Of course I have my Emunand backup from before doing A9LH like three months ago, but I would rather not restore that - losing all the stuff since then. There must be a way getting into it again, or not? All I did was installing the clean home menu.

[Edit] fuck it, I'll restore my NAND backup and then make sure to restore the files correctly before updating to latest Luma.

[Edit2] Yeeeahh. That fixed it. The problem apparently was installing the clean home menu cia but not the clean ns.cia - I managed to install the clean ns.cia with the "old", injected FBI. New 2.x just wouldn't do it. All okay now.

Last edited by wurstpistole,
Reactions: naddel81

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
but how did it break initially? just by updating luma?
It soft-broke because I had patched home menu cia, from back in the day when this was a new thing to patch it region free. Luma does this patching itself and does absolutely not accept pre patched files in the current versions, but it did before, thus the error now. Normally you can fix it with the method in troubleshooting, but I had problems installing one of the files. That's why it stopped working completely. Maybe that should go into the faq as well - to make absolutely sure that you install both files (home menu and ns.cia) before rebooting or standby, or else it won't boot anymore at all, not even with the workaround that is described there.

I restored a nand backup, installed the clean files successfully and it works fine again.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
good to know. but why didn't it worked when you reverted back to an older luma (which obviously worked before)?
Probably because, during my fixing attempt, I only installed the clean homemenu cia, but not NS.cia because installing that did not work with FBI 2. I had no time to play around so I thought well I'll try later, but then it didn't boot anymore. It must be the combination of the homemenu cia and the ns.cia - either you have both patched, then you can start the 3ds with an older luma or with the workaround in the FAQ, or they are both clean - but not a mix.

If you want to be on the safe side just grab the clean titles package from Luma's FAQ page on that error and install the .cia's in there before updating.

Reactions: naddel81

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I followed your guide earlier this year to softmod (thanks again) and never touched those titles (I guess).
Then you should be fine. Really only an issue if you at any point patched home menu to be region free. But it also affects twl and agb firm, if you did this patches maybe, then you'd have to install the clean files. I had this stuff in my faq section to get gba running. But those two won't stop your 3ds from booting, only the home menu and ns.cia

CreeshCaesar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry but I can't find any information on this to answer my questions. I'm currently on 11.1.0-34U with Ninjhax and I want to update my 3DS, but not without installing Luma CFW first. With no access to menuhax, browserhax, A9LH, or EmuNand, how do I go around setting this up? The farthest I've gotten is having the Luma application appear on Homebrew but clicking on it gives me an error message

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm sorry but I can't find any information on this to answer my questions. I'm currently on 11.1.0-34U with Ninjhax and I want to update my 3DS, but not without installing Luma CFW first. With no access to menuhax, browserhax, A9LH, or EmuNand, how do I go around setting this up? The farthest I've gotten is having the Luma application appear on Homebrew but clicking on it gives me an error message
https://3ds.guide/

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First of all you'd need a downgrade. If you have no hardmod or second 3ds, you can't do anything anyway.

CreeshCaesar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it's impossible for me to obtain some resources for a DSi downgrade. Does that make it impossible for me to get Luma CFW?

novren

Have a banana!
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah it's impossible for me to obtain some resources for a DSi downgrade. Does that make it impossible for me to get Luma CFW?
For the moment yes. Until a new exploit is found, you will have to either wait or find someone with a 2nd console to help you (or someone to do it for you).

Well, or a hardmod of course.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not entirely. There is still a method using a hard mod. You have to be willing to take your 3ds apart, solder wires to it, and put it back together. A few hours of youtube can show you all you need to know about soldering, provided your dexterity isn't crippled in any way and you have an IQ above 115ish (number pulled out of my ass, so it probably stinks. Anyway, I did it myself and I'm no genius at about 132)...

WannyTiggah

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I don't know if this has been reported, but...

For some reason DLCs for games for other regions aren't being recognized anymore.

For example, I have installed "Taiko no Tatsujin - Don Don! Mystery Adventure" with its DLC, and I have a file named "0004000000190E00.txt" inside /luma/locales.
It was working before, but yesterday when I wanted to play it I noticed that the content isn't recognized. And yes, of course I have "enable game patching" activated (the Pokémon Moon IPS patch works fine)

Has anything changed relating to DLCs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to