Hacking Luma3DS and blue Gateway

madbullman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So I decided to play some NDS games on my 3DS which has CFW. Is it possible to get the the old blue Gateway working? When I try to get it running my 3DS crashes (fatal error). Guess this is caused by the firmware incompatibility? Anyway is there a way to get it working?

GunzOfNavarone

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have installed Arm9loaderhax, at the end of Plailect's guide, there is a troubleshooting guide which provides links to some files to restore functionality of DS flash carts/Gateway. I followed these steps and Gateway blue then worked fine and I can play NDS games off it.

Reactions: x65943

madbullman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

If you have installed Arm9loaderhax, at the end of Plailect's guide, there is a troubleshooting guide which provides links to some files to restore functionality of DS flash carts/Gateway. I followed these steps and Gateway blue then worked fine and I can play NDS games off it.

Sadly I already tried this things but with no success. Still getting fatal error. x(

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you followed these steps?
I get an auto-shutdown with GBA/DS/DSiWare games
Luma3DS's automatic patching reports when a patch fails, to make it easier to maintain the patches in the future and to prevent unintended consequences. This means that if you installed a pre-patched FIRM which contains the same patches applied by Luma, this will trigger an error (with manifests with an auto-shutdown). You can fix this by reinstalling the clean versions from Nintendo.
  1. Get the clean system titles package from here.
  2. From the package, copy O3DS AGB.cia and O3DS TWL.cia (if you have an Old 3DS), or N3DS AGB.cia and N3DS TWL.cia (if you have a New 3DS) to the SD card.
  3. Plug the SD in your 3DS and open your favorite cia installer (the guide has been tested successfully with FBI). If you don't have one it's outside the scope of this guide, check how to get your first cia installed on Plailect's guide (refer to the "Injecting FBI" section).
  4. Install the .cia files you copied in step 2.
  5. Luma3DS should now be functioning normally, you can delete the .cia files you used.

And you got the same crash?

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using a9lh to run luma, or a boot manager?

Also do you have a n3ds or an o3ds?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol