Luma Updater help

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Francesca, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Francesca
    OP

Francesca GBAtemp Regular

Mar 17, 2015
    Armenia
    So I want to switch over to Luna Nightly to apply the FE English patch. I am told I need to use Luma Updater for this. But I cannot find any instructions on how to do it.

The archive I've got has some files inside. There are .cia and .cfg files. There's also a 3DS folder, inside which there's a lumeupdater folder with two files (smdh and 3dsx).

What should I do with the files? Do I need all of them? Is the cia to be installed in emunand's devmode/whatever and then run on the console to update to the recentest nightly version?

I'd really appreciate all the help.

2. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
  3. Francesca
    OP

Mar 17, 2015
    Armenia
    Is there a tutorial or at least some simple instructions how to update to a newer Luma build when you already are on an older version of Luma? I don't remember how I installed it when I did.

I wish I had some idea how to go about it...

4. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    All you have to do is replace the arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of your SD card with a newer build. That's it. With Luma Updater, just install the CIA, launch it, and switch to the latest hourly. You just replace one file.

5. Francesca
    OP

Mar 17, 2015
    Armenia
    Thank you!

So...

1. Get the arm...bin file from its folder on a new build.
    2. Put the .cia file into cia folder, install it with emunand installer.
    3. Run Luma Updater program in emunand (will it do everything on its own?)

Is that it? Do I not have to worry about the other files in the Luma Updater archive?