Homebrew Luma (rosalina) install cia beta

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a moot point now, again 30 days since my last unbanning, and I figured out what probably caused it. I bring up the CIA usage because of the banwave putting fear into people and them comes the .3dsx route through Luma and the new HB Menu thing.
I still use CIAs and I haven't gotten banned once. I don't use go the .3dsx route unless I have to.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well if you didn't care about/want the extra features in FBI you could just use this instead. Not even use FBI.
I mean, this clearly has an audience, but that audience isn't me.
I don't disagree with this project, but I at the same time I do agree with the Luma team's reaction towards it.

Reactions: Joel16

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes FBI won't work from the homebrew launcher, so it would be an alternative to having to do a Health & Safety inject.
Ummm.... when exactly is that? When people try to use it without kernel access? I've not heard of latest FBI not working as .3dsx with latest b9s and Rosalina launching the New HBL.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
All I can say is, it has happened. Don't know what exactly was wrong.
I feel like that might be an issue with the .3DSX version. I've never had an issue with the CIA version, except for the time I tried to install a bad CIA.

Last edited by The Catboy,

Pickle_Rick

I'm a pickle Morty!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ummm.... when exactly is that? When people try to use it without kernel access? I've not heard of latest FBI not working as .3dsx with latest b9s and Rosalina launching the New HBL.
All I can say is, it has happened. Don't know what exactly was wrong.
I feel like that might be an issue with the .3DSX version. I've never had an issue with the CIA version, except for the time I tried to install a bad CIA.
I've confirmed having issues with the 3dsx version.

Reactions: Quantumcat

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody with those issues, feel free to either start a new thread or add to the FBI release thread. I have no issues at all, with ANY version (.cia, .3dsx, .3ds) of FBI. I'd love to get to the bottom of it, and there are no such open issues at Github. @Steveice10 can't possibly address an issue if he has no idea there is an issue in the first place!

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that is why i hesitate to upgrade to latest version of b9 with rosalina and latest luma from a9, to avoid potential issues of homebrew broken, ui freezing etc.
Except you don't HAVE to use the .3dsx versions of anything. You guys are all running around using these unstable homebrew versions of apps because you're scared to use CIAs when they work fine. Has nothing to do with B9S, it has more to do with the nature of userland homebrew and the limitations of .3dsx apps. You don't want stuff crashing in homebrew like crazy, stop using them. There is no 100% proof using a CIA will automatically cause a ban.... Sorry for the mini rant, it just irks my nerves so many people complain about their system crashing in homebrew, or not being able to go back to the homebrew menu vs home, or whatever when it's all unnecessary work to avoid something you don't even know is coming, nor what info is used to incur a ban.

Why even use CFW if you're THAT worried about it? It makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. "Oh, I want to drive but I'm terrified of getting into an accident so I'll just drive REALLY slow! What!? I got a ticket for going too slow and impeding traffic? Why? I was being as safe as I could!" Like I said I'm going to laugh when they ban everyone for playing nothing but Download Play, or check a purchase list against your device ID, or tons of other things...

emuashui

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Except you don't HAVE to use the .3dsx versions of anything. You guys are all running around using these unstable homebrew versions of apps because you're scared to use CIAs when they work fine. Has nothing to do with B9S, it has more to do with the nature of userland homebrew and the limitations of .3dsx apps. You don't want stuff crashing in homebrew like crazy, stop using them. There is no 100% proof using a CIA will automatically cause a ban.... Sorry for the mini rant, it just irks my nerves so many people complain about their system crashing in homebrew, or not being able to go back to the homebrew menu vs home, or whatever when it's all unnecessary work to avoid something you don't even know is coming, nor what info is used to incur a ban.

Why even use CFW if you're THAT worried about it? It makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. "Oh, I want to drive but I'm terrified of getting into an accident so I'll just drive REALLY slow! What!? I got a ticket for going too slow and impeding traffic? Why? I was being as safe as I could!" Like I said I'm going to laugh when they ban everyone for playing nothing but Download Play, or check a purchase list against your device ID, or tons of other things...

Thanks, now i see more from you that it is the limitation of the not yet stable enough homebrew 3dsx that might lag/crash, not b9 or luma.
(rosalina thing, i just heard of its lagging the console months ago, i hope it is not now or even unbased. )

Well you remind why to install cfw at the very beginning. To test these or thos cias. I admit it is greedy to have console unbanned and cfw enjoy coexist, and why try so hard to keep the former at the expense of the latter, which is the first purpose?

Last edited by emuashui,
D

Deleted User

The fact the Luma team won't incorporate something that could be useful really tells me a lot about their character.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact the Luma team won't incorporate something that could be useful really tells me a lot about their character.
useful, probably. has no place in the rosalina module and adds extra real bloat? definitely.

there's no reason to include this in the original repository because there are much better ways to do this.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the argument is that some things can be considered "too simplified". That could potentially leave the user with more questions, than if they were to download/install the program manually and *perhaps* read the readme.

Pickle_Rick

I'm a pickle Morty!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the argument is that some things can be considered "too simplified". That could potentially leave the user with more questions, than if they were to download/install the program manually and *perhaps* read the readme.
What are you talking about? All this does is install CIAs.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you talking about? All this does is install CIAs.
I know that, the point is it's better for people to understand what they are installing and why, not just "because you need it for this". It saves for less headaches down the line when they try to figure things out themselves or mess with things they don't know how to use that can be potentially dangerous; you know, like deleting system titles in FBI = softbrick.

You know the whole, catch a fish for a man and he'll eat for a day, teach him to fish and he'll never go hungry.

Pickle_Rick

I'm a pickle Morty!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that, the point is it's better for people to understand what they are installing and why, not just "because you need it for this". It saves for less headaches down the line when they try to figure things out themselves or mess with things they don't know how to use that can be potentially dangerous; you know, like deleting system titles in FBI = softbrick.

You know the whole, catch a fish for a man and he'll eat for a day, teach him to fish and he'll never go hungry.
Yeah, but that doesn't make any sense. FBI and this do the same exact thing. Install CIAs. There's nothing they could learn installing a CIA through FBI that they wouldn't learn doing this.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but that doesn't make any sense. FBI and this do the same exact thing. Install CIAs. There's nothing they could learn installing a CIA through FBI that they wouldn't learn doing this.
I didn't mean the process, anyone can press a button. I meant actually reading what they are installing. Usually when they have to visit a "release" page on Github to get a file, they read what's there and learn more about what they are installing vs just doing it because the should.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny