Hacking Luma/GW A9LH combo

gbatemplloyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
a9lh+luma+latest sysnand and no emunand...how can i use my gateway card without losing my luma cfw?
if i put the GW launcher.dat and GW a9lh.bin in the root of micro sd, i can boot GW but lose my luma cfw.

Last edited by gbatemplloyd,
D

Deleted User

i have edited my post,sorry for that.
Np, All you have to do is put the launcher.dat on the root of your sd and rename the gateway arm9loaderhax.bin to (ex.) up_gw.bin and move it to the luma/payloads folder. (If you deleted your luma arm9 file then put it back.

gbatemplloyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Np, All you have to do is put the launcher.dat on the root of your sd and rename the gateway arm9loaderhax.bin to (ex.) up_gw.bin and move it to the luma/payloads folder. (If you deleted your luma arm9 file then put it back.
gonna give it a try

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

holy crap it work,BIG THANKS to you.

Reactions: Deleted User

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
No problem. Thats how mine is setup :)
sir just want to ask how bout booting to gateway emunand?
i can already boot on the Gateway Menu...

when i boot gateway sysnand (pressing b while on gw menu) it works...
but gateway emunand only blackscreen...

any fix for gateway emunand to work?

mudassirul

Trophies
XP
Country
sir just want to ask how bout booting to gateway emunand?
i can already boot on the Gateway Menu...

when i boot gateway sysnand (pressing b while on gw menu) it works...
but gateway emunand only blackscreen...

any fix for gateway emunand to work?
is your emunand FW on 2.1? If so you'll need to re inject an emunand backup you've made or format a new one. If your sysnand is on 11.00 You could use decrypt9WIP arm9loaderhax.bin to do this then swap the luma arm9loaderhax.bin back when done!

Reactions: Deleted User

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
is your emunand FW on 2.1? If so you'll need to re inject an emunand backup you've made or format a new one. If your sysnand is on 11.00 You could use decrypt9WIP arm9loaderhax.bin to do this then swap the luma arm9loaderhax.bin back when done!
ok, i found out why i cant boot on gateway emunand... for those who modified secureinfo_a... this is the consequence...
black screen on gateway emunand...

mijuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You are not supposed to be getting rid of the whole BOOTCTR entry.

To remove it, just use the following:
Code:
[BOOTCTR9]
screenEnabled = 1
screenLog = 0
fileLog = 0
key_delay = 1000

I personally, just use a splash images and boot animations for most of my stuff lol.

I'm using the arm9 select posted earlier, I cant stand the bootctr boot screen its gross.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the arm9 select posted earlier, I cant stand the bootctr boot screen its gross.
Yeah, the config code I gave you removes it. I don't have that problem, I didn't like it either, but it's not mandatory to have that boot screen.

But use whatever works for you, I guess.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I am currently using the gw arm9loaderhax file. Does anyone know how i can use that file as a payload in the luma folder and to autoboot it but still have the option to boot luma on a button?
Personally I like CtrBootManager9. You can set it up to autoboot GW, and display the boot menu by holding a button. You can add any A9LH payloads you want to the boot menu. That way you have less button combinations to deal with, just the one for displaying the boot menu then you can launch whatever you want from there (Luma, Decrypt9, emuNAND9, GodMode9, Uncart...)

You can also add specific button combos to boot specific payloads if you want to, but you don't HAVE to use those button combos, the only thing you really have to remember is the button combo used to display the boot menu. You could for example set Luma to boot with X held, and leave Decrypt9/emuNAND9/GodMode9/Uncart without a button combo set, so they can be accessed from the menu when needed and you don't need to remember all those different button presses for different payloads and which ones are set to which payload. Personally I have trouble remembering that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30