Homebrew Luigi's Mansion DS

Topassassin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I just recently found a interesting thing regarding a port of luigis mansion for DS. http://ssbrumbledojo.co.nr/ you can see that this link is for SSBR and I have found out that Fuzzy who I believe is no longer working on SSBR( correct me if I am wrong) hade made a pretty complex coding of the beggining of a luigis mansion DS. It seems like from the link that he made a working demo, and I wonder if he ever released it. If anyone knows if a file exists please let me know. Fuzzy had 3d in it and it looked very high quality. If anyone is interested in continuing I would ask him, I am not a coder(working on it though) I have no idea how to do much coding on the DS besides simple text. I would also appreiciate it if any one who knew of another port would tell me.

P.S. If any one could tell me what the website said it would be apreicaited!

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where on earth did you read this? I don't think Fuzzy EVER said anything about Luigi's Mansion DS.

Interesting concept though. And it might work interestingly with the touch screen. I guess the DS could replicate the graphics to about the quality in Mario Hoops 3 on 3 and get the lighting of Dementium.

Actually, I don't think touch controls would be the best, but whatever. The game doesn't and won't exist.

Topassassin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: The link doesn't do what I thought, so I'll give steps to get there

Go to the SSBR blog and go to the oldest posts in May, and on the last post, and towards the top it says Luigi's mansion DS-Blog

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, pretty interesting. It actually used an edited Luigi 2d sprite from the Mario and Luigi series. But I doubt this got very far. And the game was NOT 3D. It was 2D, but you could move around in all directions like the Mario and Luigi.

Looks like this game was canceled. According to the blog (roughly translated into English, he accidentally deleted all his files and lost the game.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow... I'd have at least tried to UNDELETE... haha... damn... that would have been a game I would have bought too!

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And this was before SSBR. But it did look okay.
smile.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to bump this to post an uncanny (since we were just talking about it) article about Luigi's Mansion on IGN:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/934/934078p2.html

It talks about how Luigi's Mansion should become a series and be made on the Wii and DS. They focus first on the Wii version and speak to developers from the Conduit on how the Wii could better the game with realistic physics, effects, and lighting.

And on the next page, The head guy of Renegade Kid (developer of Dementium and Moon) says that Luigi's Mansion could be faithfully adapted to the DS. For those who have played Dementium, you'll know that it was a miracle-game in regards to visuals. The game had an amazing 3D engine running at a perfect and never wavering 60 frames per second. But the standout thing about it was the lighting system. Just go play it and see. Even if you don't like the game, just play it and see how incredible it looks.

Here's a excerpt of the article talking about possibilities of a DS port of the Gamecube game:

QUOTE said:
"Yes, absolutely. Luigi's Mansion could not only be faithfully adapted for the DS, but also take advantage of the touch screen for capturing ghosts by sliding the stylus," says Jools Watsham, head of Renegade Kid, a developer leading the charge when it comes to technical achievements on Nintendo's handheld. It created Dementium: The Ward and is currently underway with Moon, one of my most anticipated portable projects. "On a side note," adds Watsham, "If Nintendo are looking for a developer to adapt Luigi's Mansion to the DS, we're interested!"

If anyone knows what the DS can do, it's Renegade Kid. If they say Luigi's Mansion could be ported to the DS, then it can! No one can question their judgment. They even volunteered to help Nintendo if ever they wanted to port it over.

BTW, I think Luigi's Mansion DS is an awesome idea and should be done NOW.
yaynds.gif

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
granville said:
I wanted to bump this to post an uncanny (since we were just talking about it) article about Luigi's Mansion on IGN:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/934/934078p2.html

It talks about how Luigi's Mansion should become a series and be made on the Wii and DS. They focus first on the Wii version and speak to developers from the Conduit on how the Wii could better the game with realistic physics, effects, and lighting.

And on the next page, The head guy of Renegade Kid (developer of Dementium and Moon) says that Luigi's Mansion could be faithfully adapted to the DS. For those who have played Dementium, you'll know that it was a miracle-game in regards to visuals. The game had an amazing 3D engine running at a perfect and never wavering 60 frames per second. But the standout thing about it was the lighting system. Just go play it and see. Even if you don't like the game, just play it and see how incredible it looks.

Here's a excerpt of the article talking about possibilities of a DS port of the Gamecube game:

QUOTE said:
"Yes, absolutely. Luigi's Mansion could not only be faithfully adapted for the DS, but also take advantage of the touch screen for capturing ghosts by sliding the stylus," says Jools Watsham, head of Renegade Kid, a developer leading the charge when it comes to technical achievements on Nintendo's handheld. It created Dementium: The Ward and is currently underway with Moon, one of my most anticipated portable projects. "On a side note," adds Watsham, "If Nintendo are looking for a developer to adapt Luigi's Mansion to the DS, we're interested!"

If anyone knows what the DS can do, it's Renegade Kid. If they say Luigi's Mansion could be ported to the DS, then it can! No one can question their judgment. They even volunteered to help Nintendo if ever they wanted to port it over.

BTW, I think Luigi's Mansion DS is an awesome idea and should be done NOW.
yaynds.gif
Yeah i really hope it would be done, i miss my gamecube now...
frown.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Raika said:
Orangegamer said:
it is going to exist
......next year(i think)
just go here
They haven't confirmed it yet... But even if it is confirmed they said it would be for the DSi lol.
frown.gif

They said it would help sell it. Not that it would be DSi only, and even their statements hold no ground.

There's no proof that Nintendo cares enough about the Luigi's Mansion franchise to consider a Wii sequel, but stranger things have happened.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raika said:
Orangegamer said:
it is going to exist
......next year(i think)
just go here
They haven't confirmed it yet... But even if it is confirmed they said it would be for the DSi lol.
frown.gif
All that thread is is just speculation, an idea NOTHING MORE.

Also why on earth would they only make it DSi only? There are millions of people who won't ever get a DSi, and Nintendo have pretty much said that NO commercial game will be DSi only. Only DSiWare games are DSi only and they're just little games, if they ever did make this it wouldn't be a little game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I always suggest kneepads with wheels to help with knee pain, then I get slapped