OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello there,

It appears I have followed a poorly written tutorial and gotten myself in a world of hurt. Currently my System Nand is 8.1.0 & my Emunand is 9.4.0 after doing the Emunand Upgrade and removing the SD Card and Reformatted the System Memory it was stated to setup your NNID so Emunand would be able to access the Eshop through the Sys Nand problem.... Nintendo Requires an update to link the NNID and not looking to update my actual Sys Nand.When I try and log in to the shop via Emunand it shows the screen with my User name and NNID and then errors out.

What can I do at this point about the NNID and notbeing able to access anything online at this point?

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Use the gateway GO exploit and restore a backup of your sysNAND from before you wiped it. To do so select Downgrade and hold D-Pad ^ while starting it. Then just press start and it will use the NAND.bin on your SD card.

I know that this likely won't help with separating the emu and sysNANDs settings but at least you'll have all your previous data back.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I formatted my sysnand without losing my NNID connection. I already had emunand updated to 9.4. (was on 9.2 sysnand when I set it up)

So I used the downgrade feature to downgrade to 4.2. Since NNID did not exist on 4.2, I could do a system format without internet connection or having to unlink NNID.

Then I used a game (Pokemon Alpha Sapphire in this case) to get back to firmware 7.2. Not sure if Gateway will allow me to, but I soon plan to update to 8.x firmware with a Super Smash Bros rom.

My emunand is unlinked now and now that I'm on 7.2 fw, I can still access my saves from my retail copies of Pokemon Alpha Sapphire/Pokemon X.

The main reason I won't just stay on 4.2/4.5. ;) Everything I installed while in Emunand still shows up while in Emunand. Don't have the issue with having to unwrap things constantly and I can move apps into folders and stuff and not have them escape out on the next reboot. :P

Unfortunately for you, it's not possible unless you get your 3DS hardmodded so you can flash back after updating sysnand and relinking NNID (at which point I would assume you'd be able to use NNID again in emunand).

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey I followed the exact same steps

I re-linked my sysNAND to my NNID. My sysNAND isn't on the latest firmware either. It didn't ask me to update.

You sure it's asking you to update? It's OK if you need to connect to the internet briefly

Abstract3000

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help guys! (Luicifer) Yes it will not let me relink with out an update I posted the error code and its exact statement on the guys thread at the bottom.
(Hash) thank you for that priceless advice on restoring the original Nand! I went ahead and just restored the Nand back to original state and followed the procedures "Without" formating the sysNand and everything appears to be working now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in