kitkat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all,

I forgot to backup my files at step 5 in this guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND). I had an outdated backup folder from another install however because of that I can't install menuhax (says that menuhax manager version is outdated and no longer supported) and it makes the entire thing take way too long (having to get into homebrew through browserhax, and multiple times if the first try into Luma fails, which it always does). Any way I could get it back or any workaround this? I have an emuNAND and sysNAND backup from another install handy.

Thanks in advance

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What files didn't you backed up? The SD card files before preparing for the RedNAND?

If it's those and you format your SD on Emunand9, then (and you know what I'm about to say), they're gone.

kitkat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just install menuhax again
Like I mentioned, when I try to (after resetting theme) an error message pops up saying that it can't be installed because the version of menuhax manager on the config is out of date and outdate ones are not supported, or something like that.

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
In which part of the Guide are you now?

If you're on Sys 9.2 and don't care about saves, games and what not, copy ALL files/folders of your SD to a folder in your PC.
Then, format the SD card (FAT32 with 32Kb cluster size).

Copy back the Folder "Nintendo 3DS" to the root of the SD card.

In Part 1, there's no Luma download, go to Luma3DS and get the v5.5 (I think it's easier to work for now) and copy the 3ds folder from the zip to the root of your SD card.

Follow the steps from Part 1 (Homebrew) (Forget about steps 3, 4 and 5. You don't need them) and you'll have HBL working again.

Install menuhax and start luma (EmuNand) from there.

After that you can go on with whatever you were doing, ;)

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Do Part 1 as I told you above (skip step 3,4 and 5) and finish it. (This will give you Menuhax)

On Part 2, (you don't need to download the firmware) do steps 1, 2 and 3 then skip all till step 21 and finish that Part. (This will make sure you're on 9.2 and will make a SysNAND for safe keeping)

Now start Part 3 as normal, take your time and don't skip any step.

Good luck

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu