Hacking Lost games?

xvishon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I posted before on another threaded part of this issue but that was solved. I have a remaining problem I will describe below.

1. Had modded 3ds with CFW Luma and Godmode8 all on
2. Took out and formatted and used my SD card to do a window restore on a PC I was working on. Copied all the data to a drive first.
3. At some point before restoring the data 3Ds updated to 11.6.0-39U
4. Copied all the data from the back up back to the newly formatted SD card and put back in 3ds.
5. Booted up reinstalled FBI / friishop / and a few other things, however...
and here's the problem.

None of the games that were on the SD card and still are are showing on my home screen I can redownload them as I did with one and its not seeing the save data... so I'm trying to figure out how to make the 3ds See whats on the card again.

I don't think anything got corrupted it all seems to be there... but I'm not really sure.

Are there any tools or things I'm missing that will bring this stuff back / restore it?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ok so I posted before on another threaded part of this issue but that was solved. I have a remaining problem I will describe below.

1. Had modded 3ds with CFW Luma and Godmode8 all on
2. Took out and formatted and used my SD card to do a window restore on a PC I was working on. Copied all the data to a drive first.
3. At some point before restoring the data 3Ds updated to 11.6.0-39U
4. Copied all the data from the back up back to the newly formatted SD card and put back in 3ds.
5. Booted up reinstalled FBI / friishop / and a few other things, however...
and here's the problem.

None of the games that were on the SD card and still are are showing on my home screen I can redownload them as I did with one and its not seeing the save data... so I'm trying to figure out how to make the 3ds See whats on the card again.

I don't think anything got corrupted it all seems to be there... but I'm not really sure.

Are there any tools or things I'm missing that will bring this stuff back / restore it?
Delete the "Nintendo 3DS" folder and copy it over again from the backup.
Has worked for myself and many others.
It happens if you put the SD card in the 3DS after formatting but before copying the backup over, the old and new data conflicts for some reason. But I have had it happen even when I was pretty sure I hadn't done that.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: Quantumcat

xvishon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete the "Nintendo 3DS" folder and copy it over again from the backup.
Has worked for myself and many others.
It happens if you put the SD card in the 3DS after formatting but before copying the backup over, the old and new data conflicts for some reason. But I have had it happen even when I was pretty sure I hadn't done that.

Will try that and report back.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
When you format an SD card and you put it back in the console, it gets reformatted (initialized), so when you try to restore everything, the file path for the installed titles changes.

Open the folder called “Nintendo 3DS”. Inside there will be folder with a huge string of letters and numbers for the name, open that. Inside that folder will be two folders with long random names. One of these is the folder tied to your card before the format, the other is the one tied to your card now. Copy the contents of the old one (it’ll be the one with the larger file size) into the other one, overwrite if asked.

xvishon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moving stuff from the big folder to the smaller one did the trick. Such a simple fix. Considering the amount of time I messed around I'm glad it worked. :)

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Moving stuff from the big folder to the smaller one did the trick. Such a simple fix. Considering the amount of time I messed around I'm glad it worked. :)
It's a simple issue that ALWAYS happens if you let the 3DS initialize the card. Keep it in mind next time you decide to format and put it in the 3DS without restoring the files first:P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny