Gaming Looks like Mario Kart 7 is the final name?

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
...ehhh? i thought it was gonna be Mario Kite? j/k XD

this is good, as it steps away from the whole "3D gimmick" stance. it'll still of course support 3D, but we have yet to see framerates for it in stereo 3D mode. the trailers might as well be on off mode.

thela_kid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me reading this thread
once: dude wtf that name is RETARDED it SHOULD be mario kart 3DDDDDDD
twice: i hate the name but the logo is pretty cool
thrice: eh. name is ok.
frice(?): i like it
yay.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like it. I never doubted Mario Kart 7 was the final title (it used to be just Mario Kart, or Mario Kart 3D). 7 is considered by many to be a "powerful" or "lucky" number (Windows 7 anyone?). And i figured it would look far better in logo form than just reading the plain text on a PR. Not disappointed. Looks good and early indications seem that it might be among the best in the series so far (if not THE best).

I AM surprised that the logo isn't at all kiddy-fied or overly colorful. Nice change of pace.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gamefan5 said:
Yeah but that 7 looks awfully familiar. As if they took that 7 from another logo.
Anyway, I like the name. Hate putting 3D to every game coming out to 3DS.
After I think about it, it does remind me of another race car game, which I can't remember the name of.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't like the way "Mario Kart" looks. I never have. Ever since they first started using that font, I've felt it looked like shit. I mean, it's not even Mario's type of font. I mean like this:

c137582ea8f827bb784fa0b487e667d1-Mario_Kart_64.jpg

See the letters how they're blocky? This grey, shiney font they have is no longer appealing at all.

I wouldn't mind if it said "3D" in the title. Why not?

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
Feels Good Man said:
gamefan5 said:
Yeah but that 7 looks awfully familiar. As if they took that 7 from another logo.
Anyway, I like the name. Hate putting 3D to every game coming out to 3DS.

It's from the F1 logo.

B1vt4.jpg

LOL.

Mind is actually blown upon seeing this.

chauffler

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just like windows. Windows 95 comes before windows 7. Mario kart 64 comes before Mario kart 7. So you can make the joke why would I want Mario kart 7 I already have 64 lollilllolololololololl

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sonknuck23 said:
Mario Kart 7? That's completely random. Rofl.
Not at all really. I wouldn't be surprised if they've been waiting to use this title. This IS the seventh game in the series, and 7 is considered a "powerful" number among superstitious people (even corporations). Why do you think Microsoft used the number for their latest OS? 7 comes up in so many myths, legends, and religions (especially the Christian religion). It's probably a pretty smart title for them.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
granville said:
sonknuck23 said:
Mario Kart 7? That's completely random. Rofl.
Not at all really. I wouldn't be surprised if they've been waiting to use this title. This IS the seventh game in the series, and 7 is considered a "powerful" number among superstitious people (even corporations). Why do you think Microsoft used the number for their latest OS? 7 comes up in so many myths, legends, and religions (especially the Christian religion). It's probably a pretty smart title for them.

Well, if we're being REAL technical, it's the 9th. But 7th for home consoles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy