Hacking Looking to get a cyclo newbie questions

mrwienerdog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't even own a ds yet, so bear with me. If it is too cumbersome to answer these questions, could you point me in the direction of a faq?

I figure from what I hear the cyclo is the one to go with. How does it work? Do you just put the roms on the micro sd card, plug it into the ds, and away we go? Do you put multiple roms on the card, and then get a menu that allows you to pick which game to play? Why are people asking about ez 3 in 1? What does that do?

Can you play gba games directly off of the same card? Is there a particular brand of card to use that is best? Can you only use micro sd?

Sorry for this shitload of questions, and I am sure that if I searched I could find the answers, but I am an old (compared to most of you, I'm sure, at 36) man with two kids, and no time. Any help would be very appreciated.

Wiener

Also, do I only need the cylco, or do I need to order other hardware?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't even own a ds yet, so bear with me. If it is too cumbersome to answer these questions, could you point me in the direction of a faq?

I figure from what I hear the cyclo is the one to go with. How does it work? Do you just put the roms on the micro sd card, plug it into the ds, and away we go? Do you put multiple roms on the card, and then get a menu that allows you to pick which game to play? Why are people asking about ez 3 in 1? What does that do?Â

Can you play gba games directly off of the same card? Is there a particular brand of card to use that is best? Can you only use micro sd?

Sorry for this shitload of questions, and I am sure that if I searched I could find the answers, but I am an old (compared to most of you, I'm sure, at 36) man with two kids, and no time. Any help would be very appreciated.

Wiener

You can't play GBA games on any Slot-1 without the use of something in the Slot-2.

Theres a review here that should answer your questions:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=53485

mrwienerdog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks alot, I'm sure when time permits this evening, this will be very helpful.
grog.gif

Wiener

enigmaindex

the Scarecrow
Trophies
Website
www.zomganime.com
XP
Country
I don't even own a ds yet, so bear with me. If it is too cumbersome to answer these questions, could you point me in the direction of a faq?

I figure from what I hear the cyclo is the one to go with. How does it work? Do you just put the roms on the micro sd card, plug it into the ds, and away we go? Do you put multiple roms on the card, and then get a menu that allows you to pick which game to play? Why are people asking about ez 3 in 1? What does that do?

You can organize the your folders on the root of your Micro Sd card, like have one for roms and one for homebrew etc. You put as many roms as you want in the roms folder or the root of your Micro SD card as long as you have enough space. Yes with the Cyclo menu you browse through your folders and what not.. I cant answer your 3 in 1 question as i dont have one, and it would be pointless for me to go into that.

Can you play gba games directly off of the same card? Is there a particular brand of card to use that is best? Can you only use micro sd?

No you cannot play GBA games from the Slot 1 device, you can play snes, nes gbc and what not but not gba. There are a lots of cards that work well, but on the cyclo forums they are saying the 'a-data' cards work well with the cyclo. The cyclo supports mini sdhc and mini sd cards. sdhc is just for sizes above 2gig. use wikipedia to find out more info

Sorry for this shitload of questions, and I am sure that if I searched I could find the answers, but I am an old (compared to most of you, I'm sure, at 36) man with two kids, and no time. Any help would be very appreciated.

No problem, i dont own a cyclo yet, mine should be here soon, but i do homework, i hope most of this correct.

Wiener

coops024

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't even own a ds yet, so bear with me.  If it is too cumbersome to answer these questions, could you point me in the direction of  a faq?

I figure from what I hear the cyclo is the one to go with.  How does it work?  Do you just put the roms on the micro sd card, plug it into the ds, and away we go?  Do you put multiple roms on the card, and then get a menu that allows you to pick which game to play?  Why are people asking about ez 3 in 1?  What does that do?

You can organize the your folders on the root of your Micro Sd card, like have one for roms and one for homebrew etc. You put as many roms as you want in the roms folder or the root of your Micro SD card as long as you have enough space. Yes with the Cyclo menu you browse through your folders and what not.. I cant answer your 3 in 1 question as i dont have one, and it would be pointless for me to go into that.

Can you play gba games directly off of the same card?  Is there a particular brand of card to use that is best?  Can you only use micro sd?

No you cannot play GBA games from the Slot 1 device, you can play snes, nes gbc and what not but not gba. There are a lots of cards that work well, but on the cyclo forums they are saying the 'a-data' cards work well with the cyclo. The cyclo supports mini sdhc and mini sd cards. sdhc is just for sizes above 2gig. use wikipedia to find out more info

Sorry for this shitload of questions, and I am sure that if I searched I could find the answers, but I am  an old (compared to most of you, I'm sure, at 36) man with two kids, and no time.  Any help would be very appreciated.

No problem, i dont own a cyclo yet, mine should be here soon, but i do homework, i hope most of this correct.

Wiener

Sorry to jump in here ...

If youre looking to get the Cyclo DS Evolution then you need MICRO SD or MICRO SDHC (not Mini) memory cards ...

Mini SD cards are double the size of Micro SD... and as enigmaindex says SDHC are high capacity (HC) ... eg over 2Gig

I think its best if you clarify which cyclo youre planning to get ?

Rgds

Coops

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: That counts as a software update :tpi: