Looking to buy some old controller to USB adapters

Gamemaster1379

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 5, 2008
Messages
905
Reaction score
283
Trophies
3
Age
32
Location
United States
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
3,226
Country
United States
Title should explain it all, I would certainly hope. Now then, I recently got a rebate from the 2TB HDD I purchased a while back. $20, yeah, big whoop.
tongue.gif
Anyway, I was looking around at some old controller to USB adapters. I'm really wanting to shoot for NES/SNES ones right now. A big plus on my part is being able to do 2 in 1, since I probably will be seeing multiplayer on these things, and it'll save me USB ports.
tongue.gif
However, it would seem that I can either get one or the other. If I'm lucky, maybe I can find a company that does both and I'll save on shipping or something...Doubt it though.

So far, this is about the cheapest I can get.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002IXZ5D...=A1MA7IDK6MTWU4 - SNES Dual USB adapter, $7.64 + $5 shipping

Not too terribly bad, I can do that under $20, but it'd be tough to fit an NES one in there too....

Speaking of NES, my luck was a lot less when hunting one of these adapters down. Unfortunately, the best I could find was this http://www.amazon.com/Retrolink-Nintendo-N...=pd_cart_recs_4 - A single adapter for $20, after shipping, this alone throws me over my budget. I wouldn't mind putting a few extra bucks in to get this separately, but $20 for a single adapter is a pretty damn hefty cost.


tl;dr: Does anybody know anywhere cheaper to get NES/SNES to USB adapters?
 
You could try making one yourself.
http://www.raphnet.net/electronique/snes_n...sb/index_en.php
One thing though the microcontroller he always uses the Atmega8 has been discontinued, so your best bet is to use a Atmega88, or something along those lines.
Edit: http://www.raphnet.net/electronique/4nes4snes/index_en.php he also did one with multiple ports if its possible. Also you could do what most poeple do for arcade controllers connected to a pc, use a usb keyboard's guts and solder the points to the points on the snes controller, its something you have to be creative and resourceful, and hands and balls of steel lol. Seriously soldering isn't hard after practicing and getting steady hands.
 
Yeah, I thought about giving that a go. I work as a tech for the local highschool, so I'm sure I could pickup PLENTY of broken keyboards that are USB for that sake, the only thing I want to get ahold of an old system that has good ports but isn't working. Amazingly enough, all my NES, SNES, Genesis etc still work just fine. Hell, even my Atari is still in working order.

...if only I can find a four score.
tongue.gif
 
Oh another thing you could just buy 3rd party snes controller look alikes as test subjects or theres also some that are already usb snes controller 3rd party, you gotta search yourself as different companies tend to do these type of products.
 
MasterPenguin said:
http://spawnlinux.dyndns.org/Bliss-Box/index.html

Everything in one. Can't go wrong for the price
wink.gif
.


QUOTEPrices in america dollars.

The all-in-one adaptor. goes for $150

Custom orders: If you don't want everything adapted I will customize it for you. Its $35 for the base board ( one port ) and $10 per extra port..Like so..

$35 ( 1 ports )
$45 ( 2 ports )
$55 ( 3 ports )
$65 ( 4 ports )
$75 ( 5 ports )
$85 ( 6 ports )
$95 ( 7 ports )
$105 ( 8 ports )
$115 ( 9 ports )
$125 ( 10 ports )
$135 ( 11 ports )
$145 ( 12 ports )
$150 ( all )

Can't go wrong with the price? Sorry, but even then this is above the TC's range - way above 20 bucks. Especially the all in one @ 150 whopping dollars.
 

Site & Scene News