Looking to buy 'Shantae' for GBC

LoganN64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How dare you spout such blasphemy?!?! HERETIC!!! lol, kidding, i have a feeling that one day people will give up and start selling it for a more reasonable price... i just need to bide my time... who knows how many parents will get their hands on a copy and go "Well my son/daughter are too old for video games, time to sell them for $10 each on EBAY!" and then that is when i will strike! MUA HA HA HA!!!

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How dare you spout such blasphemy?!?! HERETIC!!! lol, kidding, i have a feeling that one day people will give up and start selling it for a more reasonable price... i just need to bide my time... who knows how many parents will get their hands on a copy and go "Well my son/daughter are too old for video games, time to sell them for $10 each on EBAY!" and then that is when i will strike! MUA HA HA HA!!!
I dunno, me personally i wouldn't be caught dead with a copy of that and a gba, some games are just not worth it especially if you can properly emulate it.

Now megaman battle network That is a game you NEED to experience on real legit hardware, cause the only way to trade chips and play with friends is link cable. I had hoped when virtuall console came out for 3ds and wii u, that you could emulate link cable games with wifi wireless for the same experience or even online play or even transfer save files between systems. It would be so cool like your actually part of megaman's world of CYBER NET NAVI

Today, i think we are getting closer to that kind of world which is exciting and interesting to know stuff made in the past as science fiction for entertainment like back to the future and star trek is predicitons coming true. :)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You do know there are various emulators for the GBA with link cable emulation? VBA-link being the most popular, though I think VBA-m also gained the abilities and no$gba has some stuff and all would have had it for several years or even many years at this point. Net play is a bit harder but nothing stopping you having a friend join via teamviewer or something. There might even be some android emulators with link emulation but I am not sure about those.

Also OP cool it on the repro stuff. You will find very little love for repro makers here -- it is functionally not a lot different to my flashing a flash cart with a game and selling it which is just bad news.

LoganN64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, but i really dont see how much different it is from someone that has a legit copy and sells it for $500 vs some one that takes time to program a cartridge with sticker, make a nice box and manual and sells for considerably less. well ok, i understand that they didnt hack the ROM in the first place, but they put the effort in to giving people an opportunity to play the game the way it was meant to be on the hardware/format it was meant to be played on.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
One is out and out paid for piracy which is the worst kind of IP piracy, the other is at worst likely to end in some tax evasion (it would fall under capital gains in the UK, Canada also calls it that, the US has similar things and most people would not know to declare it) but is just business when all is said and done. Also the effort required is not a lot, some repro makers seem to do things in very silly ways which sees they put effort in but if spent a couple of those hours learning some basic electronics then it would not. Also as others mentioned flash carts exist, are probably cheaper than the repro, probably more reliable and ultimately do the same job if you want to play things on hardware.

On here and romhacking.net (don't know where else you are asking) people are rather sensitive to such concerns thus the "I wouldn't piss on repro makers if they were on fire" attitude.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes i got the Digital Copy on my 3DS but i wanted to play the real deal with all the bonus stuff on my Gameboy Advance. i tried to enter the programmer cheats to access the bonus stuff but it kept crashing.
I was bored so i made this. :)
As you can see i took this picture with my HD camera (Forgot to clean the lens) instead of screen cap so you can see that is indeed real. I patched the rom in the cia to enable the "GBA ENHANCEMENT" Feature without actual GBA. It was surprisingly easy and didn't take long at all to figure out. So yeah there is that. I am actually proud of myself for this. :P
You can see the obvious difference in the bottom left corner with the GBA image even though is GBC VC game.
I attached 2 Screenshot images with the NTR CFW Thingy so is clear image to see the difference in color as well. :yay3ds:

IMG_20160709_163829.jpg IMG_20160709_164033.jpg

Attachments

• top_0000.bmp
    281.3 KB · Views: 135
  • top_0001.bmp
    281.3 KB · Views: 175

LoganN64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh. ok, did you have to download some sort of program or something to hack the game or just hook it up to a PC?

LoganN64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok... umm.. yeeea... im not that great at HEX editing... or general hacking for that matter... uhh... could i trouble you to maybe walk me through it? or even just tell me which addresses to change? PRETTY PLEEEAASE?

PS. I think this will pretty much quell my desire to try and get a REAL copy now... if it works the way you say it does then WOOT!

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok... umm.. yeeea... im not that great at HEX editing... or general hacking for that matter... uhh... could i trouble you to maybe walk me through it? or even just tell me which addresses to change? PRETTY PLEEEAASE?

PS. I think this will pretty much quell my desire to try and get a REAL copy now... if it works the way you say it does then WOOT!
Unless you have a way to install CIA Files which involves CFW Then this won't be much help for you.

LoganN64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok, so how would i go about getting what i need?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

will i have to hack my 3DS?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so how would i go about getting what i need?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

will i have to hack my 3DS?
Well maybe there is other ways, If you can run homebrew on your 3ds, you can use a emulator called gameyob to play the patched rom. :)
Of course you still need the rom, where ever you can get it from and patch the rom yourself. SO that's a more widely availble option than having to use a long process of hacking your rom. ^_^

LoganN64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok. i see.. i put the SD card in my PC, and i have the list of all the games installed on it, what is the ID on it by chance? i think i can edit it strictly through the HEX editor

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok. i see.. i put the SD card in my PC, and i have the list of all the games installed on it, what is the ID on it by chance? i think i can edit it strictly through the HEX editor
If you are gonna do random hex editing to things and not know what you are doing then that is on you if you mess it up and have to redownload the game again. Are you even listening to me? :mellow:

LoganN64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes i am listening to you, but i imagine that you went through the game files and recall at least some of the code you edited.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you pull the SD card out and then edit it on a PC?

Yes, i said i used a hex editor on the rom. I extracted the rom from the cia data file, used a hex editor program "HEX WORKSHOP" and changed a few address to enable the patch then rebuilt the cia and installed it. :)
If you can see Underlined words and don't know what they are, then it won't work for you okay? :mellow:
Well maybe there is other ways, If you can run homebrew on your 3ds, you can use a emulator called gameyob to play the patched rom. :)
Of course you still need the rom, where ever you can get it from and patch the rom yourself. SO that's a more widely availble option than having to use a long process of hacking your rom. ^_^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy