Looking to buy a replacement ds lite shell.

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Mailyfesux, Oct 27, 2008.

Oct 27, 2008
  1. Mailyfesux
    OP

Newcomer Mailyfesux Advanced Member

United States
    My ds lite's hinge just recently broke and now its making the opening and closing of the ds troublesome. Right now, im looking for a 3rd party ds replacement kit that can replace the entire shell of the ds, including switches, buttons and the bottom screen frame. I am not sure which shells are more reliable, and since the review here on gbatemp is somewhat outdated, I am not sure which one to get.

I am sort of leaning towards the deal extreme ones. Are they all of the same build quality? is there anywhere else that sells quality ds shell replacements?

2. Beware

Member Beware GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The DX ones, definitely. Top-notch quality. Near perfect reproductions of the original shells. As in THESE ones.

EDIT: Though they have "designer" ones that come in all sorts of great colors (even the Zelda gold one and the Pokemon black one). Those LOOK nice, but I don't know about the build quality as I've never bought one.

EDIT #2: It doesn't look like that first version comes with the screen replacement thing (I couldn't remember as I bought mine a long time ago). The designer ones DO, but they don't fit quite right (supposedly). Nothing an exacto couldn't fix though.