faster7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little about my background:

I grew up with PlayStation and Sega simply because that's what my older brothers and cousins all played. Never been exposed to Nintendo games until recently.

I want to go through as much of the Nintendo Library as I can, which is why I am choosing to buy a DS2 over the other flash carts, since it can emulate GBA and SNES games.

Here are my concerns and questions:

1. How solid are emulators? Can I at least play the majority of the games listed on there? Can I legit play most games from GBC, GBA, NES, SNES, DS, all on DS2?

2. Reliability. I know playing all these great games will take a long time to finish. I have the time. It will be my only gaming console for a long time(other than PC). How reliable are these cards? If I take good care of it, will it last me years?

3. The reason I'm buying a 3DS XL instead of a DS is for future proof reasons. Am I able to do all the setup on a fresh 3DS XL with a fresh DS2?

4. Does any MicroSD card work? I'm looking to buy a 32GB one because I want every game possible with with me where ever I go. I will literally get every game that is half interesting.

5. Where is the most trusted place to buy? I really don't want to go through having being sent a fake or a faulty cart. Which are the most "official" stores?

6. Is the DS2 team that updates this card finished supporting it? Is it likely that they will support the DS2 through the 3DS generation?

Thank you so much for reading! Pretty excited to dip into the awesome world of Nintendo!

Xexyz

GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little about my background:

I grew up with PlayStation and Sega simply because that's what my older brothers and cousins all played. Never been exposed to Nintendo games until recently.

I want to go through as much of the Nintendo Library as I can, which is why I am choosing to buy a DS2 over the other flash carts, since it can emulate GBA and SNES games.

Here are my concerns and questions:

1. I'm looking at (don't mention rom sites) and I see a ton of games from every Nintendo console that I want to try out. How solid are emulators? Can I at least play the majority of the games listed on there? Can I legit play most games from GBC, GBA, NES, SNES, DS, all on DS2? Yep it can play all those.

2. Reliability. I know playing all these great games will take a long time to finish. I have the time. It will be my only gaming console for a long time(other than PC). How reliable are these cards? If I take good care of it, will it last me years? It will last you or years because the DSTwo came out.... 3 Years ago without a new hardware revision.

3. The reason I'm buying a 3DS XL instead of a DS is for future proof reasons. Am I able to do all the setup on a fresh 3DS XL with a fresh DS2?
Playing a DS Game/Flashcard on a 3DS will load up DS Mode. A mode that acts as the 2004 DS. (No upgrade on 3DS)
4. Does any MicroSD card work? I'm looking to buy a 32GB one because I want every game possible with with me where ever I go. I will literally get every game that is half interesting.
Sandisk is a good brand for the DSTwo. Other brands should work too.
5. Where is the most trusted place to buy? I really don't want to go through having being sent a fake or a faulty cart. Which are the most "official" stores?
Since you're in the US you can order from realhotstuff.com (ships from New Jersey) or from nds-card.com (from china) if you want to support the site.
6. Is the DS2 team that updates this card finished supporting it? Is it likely that they will support the DS2 through the 3DS generation?
Yep should work, this card released 3 years ago without a new hardware revision. It's not like R4i-SDHC which updates then release a hardware revision.
Thank you so much for reading! Pretty excited to dip into the awesome world of Nintendo!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)