Gaming Looking for The World Ends With You crash fix

blankaex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everybody.

As I've been playing Twewy on my DS Lite using my R4 with R4 Wood Firmware (1.18, I believe), the game has occasionally crashed. But once I restart it and play the part again, it's fine.

But in this case, it keeps crashing on the same screen no matter how long I leave it. Here's a picture of the screen that freezes.

http://h1.ripway.com/blankaex/auor.bmp

Sorry about the bad quality. I had nothing good to take a picture with so I used my webcam :/

It's the chat screen after Neku and Beat defeat those two reapers (I forgot their names
tongue.gif
) in chapter "Beat, Day 5", Area "Udagawa Back Streets".

I've tried loading it on No$GBA and going past it and putting the save file onto my SD, but it doesn't run properly on No$GBA. On No$GBA, the start screen doesn't show the "New Game" or "Continue" options.

http://h1.ripway.com/blankaex/raopipar.bmp

I've also tried downloading a different rom and keeping my old save file and running it, to no avail.

I've heard that deleting my Save file and starting again will work, but I want to refrain from doing so, as I've gotten pretty far in the game.

So I was wondering if anybody knows how to continue the chat without the game freezing? I'd really appreciate a solution to my problem, if possible. Thanks in advance!

Taanis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Let's see. I remember having difficulties similar to yours. A tip: You can play the game in the emulator, only the layers don't assemble correctly, so the buttons and more are "hidden". You could probably pass the dialogue and save later, but I recall that the dialogue would be"hidden", like the buttons. If you don't find anything to solve your problem, at least you could try this.

Good luck.

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok, so I played this game on wood 1.14, and it was working very well though. Strange that your card doesn't, probably is your sd card, but a solution can be either:

1. your game is faulty/corrupt. get a new one
2. Upgrade firmware to 1.21
3. TURN OFF CHEATS AND soft reset. these are the main cause of games crashing.

good luck.

blankaex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
boktor666 said:
TURN OFF CHEATS AND soft reset. these are the main cause of games crashing.

How could I forget this!?

Thank you a lot, it works fine now. I applaud you. Is there some reputation sort of system with this forum like others? I just joined to post this thread, so I don't know much about it, but I plan to use the forums more often.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya