Hacking Looking for some Apps.

FrostyWolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So today I downgraded my Wii to 3.2U (following this guide: http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-g...atutorial.html) and started messing with it for the first time. I have Gamma 0.3 installed, Homebrew channel, and starfall. I loaded a back up of a PAL game (even tho I have ntsc) on a DVD-R and it ran fine. So eveything appears to be working. I have been reading every guide and tutorial here and on wiihacks, and my head is starting to hurt, so I was wondering if some one could point me in the right direction for a couple of things.

1) Is it possible to put all your SNES/SEGA/NES roms on one (or more) Dual Layer disc/s and then have say either channels for emulators, or if thats not possible, use the homebrew channel to load emulators? If so, how would I go about burning the roms and installing the emulators?

2) With what I have done allready, is it possible to play back ups of Game Cube games? If not, what else do I need to do to play them?

3) Once I can play gamecube games, is there a way to put more the one of them on a single disc? If I can, can I use dual layer discs?

4) Are there any other apps that I should have, or that are highly recommended to have?

5) How about any cool appss that I am missing?

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. You cant run Roms of a disk yet, but you can install the channels to run them of sd

2. go download Cmios Rev 3 and install it, then install backup loader Xi

3. yes you can burn multiple GC games onto a DVD-R, Dont know about Dual layer.....

4+5. I suggest to remove it all and install softmii.( its a package with Cioscorp, preloader, tweak toy etc ). You can run almost all games off disk channel ( gc too if you have cmios installed ), install custom themes and health screens, and a preloader so you can save your wii from brick and install systemmenu hacks. You wont need the backup loader if you have this installed.

FrostyWolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Riley said:
1. You cant run Roms of a disk yet, but you can install the channels to run them of sd

2. go download Cmios Rev 3 and install it, then install backup loader Xi

3. yes you can burn multiple GC games onto a DVD-R, Dont know about Dual layer.....

4+5. I suggest to remove it all and install softmii.( its a package with Cioscorp, preloader, tweak toy etc ). You can run almost all games off disk channel ( gc too if you have cmios installed ), install custom themes and health screens, and a preloader so you can save your wii from brick and install systemmenu hacks. You wont need the backup loader if you have this installed.

When you say "remove it all" do you just mean remove the gamma channel? What else could I remove and how would I do it?

Sorry for the (probably) dumb questions, just trying to learn.

FrostyWolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bugaveli said:
you really need to use the search button as every question you asked has already been answered half a million times.

The point is I have been using the search button. Everything I search for comes back with 50 post of conflicting info, and another 50 posts of just "LOL USE THE SEARCH BUTTON". It's not like I just showed up "HAI GUYZ, HOW I HAXZORS WII LOLZZZZZZZZZZZ" I did my research, I did my searching, I even already did the hack and just had some left over questions I couldn't find exact or definitive answers for.

1ronlung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can tell from your post you've done your best to do your homework. It's the 'I've read nothing and want you to do everything for me' posts that are really frustrating.

I've got a modchip, so can only really answer 5)
http://wiibrew.org/ is good for a browse
wink.gif

Personally, the main essential apps I use are media players. Have been using Geexbox, but told earlier Mplayer CE better.. Will be giving it a spin tonight ..

FrostyWolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had my wii in a box to mail out to get a mod chip (im HORRIBLE at soldering), and I decided to try this first.

I took Rileys suggestion and did soft mii. So far so good. I do have a issue with if I boot the wii with a back up in it, when I go to the disc channel I get a read error till I eject it and put it back in, then it works great. Of course, the only game I have is a PAL game on my NTSC console ona DYNEX (worst of the worst) DVD-R, so that could have something to do with it.

I love the themes and custom health screens so far. I'm about to install a media player also, along with some emulators and other random things I found.

Is there anyway to make anything you start with the homebrew channel into its OWN channel?

1ronlung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to make anything you start with the homebrew channel into its OWN channel?

Yup.. you can do exactly that. One of the Wii forums here has a walkthrough in it's stickies ..

Haven't done it myself.. pain in the arse updating apps at the best of times, without more work ...

FrostyWolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOO!
Having fun so far, lol

Got my SNES/NES/GBA emulators to all see my roms collection over the network, and got code downloader/cheat manager/gecko to work. Two more things left now that I can think of.

1) Is there a sega emulator that works over the network? I can't seem to find one anywhere so I'm thinking no.

2) Is there a media player that works over the network? I have 2TB of TVShows, Movies and music I would like to be able to load on the Wii.

FrostyWolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noONE said:
You should follow 1ronlung's advice and visit www.wiibrew.org it has all (that's worth a mention) homebrews for Wii, inlcluding information + general Wii hacking news.
Take a look here for all the emulators
And here for media players

I did that, theres no SEGA emulator there that does what I was asking, thats why I was asking if there was another one out there.

Also, MPlayer_CE is the only one that I found so far that you can link network shares to, but it does NOT just let you browse netowrk shares like I was looking for, you have to link the folders separately in the program thu the config file.

I've pretty much given up hope on the sega emulator that supports networking at this point, and Mplayer_CE is working for now for what I need.

Next up is, I have backup loader Xi installed, how do I burn more then one GCM on a disc? I've been renaming the GCM to ISO and burning them that way, so im unsure how I would fit more then one Game Cube game on one disc.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
sure you can run roms from DVD with sega/nintendo emulators... but you need the DVDX stub to be installed
not sure about dual layer but dvd-r is woking perfectly, you just need to make a data DVD in iso9660/joliet format

there is only network support for nintendo emulators (nes,snes;gba) atm

FrostyWolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More questions, sorry.
frown.gif

I found the latest version of Wii Scrubber, 1.4, but I can not seem to locate the latest version of DVD Dumper. If anyone can shoot me a link that would be awesome.

I also can't seem to find a guide to use either program that looks like its been updated recently, if anyone could help me with that. I want to get all my Wii games I have here dumped.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1