Looking For Some Advice

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by t3isteebee, Jul 10, 2011.

Jul 10, 2011

Looking For Some Advice by t3isteebee at 1:36 AM (676 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. t3isteebee
    OP

Newcomer t3isteebee Newbie

United States
    Long time lurker first time postan

Less than a week ago I purchased a DSi XL and a CylcoDS iEvolution, not knowing the iEvo was compatible with the 3DS. Now after researching and gathering opinions I am having trouble deciding if I should exchange the DSi for the 3DS. Before this I had planned on buying a 3DS this fall after a few more games came out, but since I have the opportunity to get the full $170 back from my DSi, I am strongly considering getting one now.

How is the compatibility of the iEvo with the 3DS?

Are DS games infinitely better on the DSi or are the differences even noticeable? (I have over 200 games on my cart so I would be willing to have a system devoted to it if it was worth it)

If I got the 3DS and updated the firmware with OoT then just waited till Fall to do any more updates, would I be safe from any anti piracy measures?

From what I understand as of now the iEvo only works in DSi mode, does this cause any major problems?

Thanks in advance for any advice you might able to give me.

2. Koldur

Member Koldur Virtual Boy Ambassador

Netherlands
    1 Can't comment on this

2 As I have come to understand (have my 3DS in the mail to me now, so no experience yet) the differences are that either you have a stretched or a bordered experience from the game where the bordered version is considered best.

3 Yes, you will be

4 No Wi-fi available, so if you like to play against others, this will not work!

3. t3isteebee
    OP

United States
    Is this expected to be fixed in a future update?

4. chris888222

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    Your title seems very misleading...

At first I thought that you wanted to consider which console, until I've read the content.

5. t3isteebee
    OP

United States
    That's exactly what I'm considering. I'm trying to decide if the iEvo would be better on the 3DS or the DSi XL

6. chris888222

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    Hmmm...

Personally my carts run fine on 3DS, but DS games are a little blurry on the 3DS as it has upscaled resolution.

DSi XL on the other hand, as the pixels are stretched, the game looks slightly pixelated. But not blurry.

If you like big screens, XL then.
    If you want a device which has the capability to play your old carts + newer 3D games and more, then 3DS.

7. chemistryfreak

Member chemistryfreak GBAtemp Fan

Japan
    Yes u should exchange the DSi for the 3DS! U will get to play both DS and 3DS games~