Looking for Rockman OSS script

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by ScooterinAB, Aug 18, 2011.

Aug 18, 2011
  1. ScooterinAB
    OP

Newcomer ScooterinAB Newbie

Canada
    I'm looking for a rom hacker who can get me a script dump from Rockman EXE Operate Shooting Star. I'm a Japanese learner, and I'm turning my attention to translation as a way to improve my post-University Japanese.

I'm not looking for a rom translation, nor am I interested in learning to do this myself. Sorry, but I'm a linguist, not a hacker. I am also aware that the majority of the game is already translated as MMBN 1. That's not the point. I want to try my hand at translation.

If I can finish a translation that I am happy with, I intend to share the translation (so that a hacker can do the hacking, if they want). But until then, it's just a linguistic project for me to work on.

If I sound pissy, I'm sorry. I've read a number of threads and comments (here and elsewhere) about OSS, and the thread always ends with angst, whining, and someone being angry at someone else. I'm not whining about the game not being released, nor am I trying to find someone to translate the rom for me. I want to do a textual translation, but I've been unable to dump the hope myself.

I hope that someone can help, and lend their skills for a short time.

Thanks.

2. f3ar000

Member f3ar000 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    maybe you can talk to kiirobomber/LuigiBlood (the guy doing the translation) he may know where it is (i think he made a tool to dump it just for the translation)
    he may help you but just don't bug him
    http://twitter.com/#!/LuigiBlood
    http://www.youtube.com/KiiroBomber

he has made some work done on the TL patch so thats why I know

3. ScooterinAB
    OP

Newcomer ScooterinAB Newbie

Canada
    Thanks for the reply. I've been trying to get in touch with him, but I haven't gotten a reply yet. He seems to have a lot on his plate (he is also fairly young), so I'm not sure when or if he'll see the message I left for him.

Until then, any takers?