Hacking Looking for iSmart MM/Premium

Vultra

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m not sure if this is the correct board, if it’s not please move it. I’ve always wanted to try this cart but never got around to buying it and now it’s discontinued and not available anywhere, if anyone has one they are willing sell I’ll definitely buy it.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Strictly speaking we have a trade section for a reason, and a post count requirement too.

I should note they are different carts. The MM was an OEM iplayer with the DSTwo kernel ported to it. Lacked most of the homebrew (got a port of dingux though) and the kernel it got was on the older side so some of the features were not as shiny as the later DSTwo stuff (most would probably note the GBA emulator as being older and slightly iffier than what the DSTwo ended up with).

The ismartDS premium was a rebadged EZ5i. Not sure what became of its kernel and feature set in the end.

After the original owner of the site behind ismart died the stock eventually landed elsewhere with some of the ex employees. https://gbatemp.net/threads/ismm-gba-in-ds-slot-videos-dstwo-like-features-for-14-on-rhs.359236/ was the thread I made for that one. Sadly realhotstuff also went many years back and I don't know if it all went from there, if they flogged it on to another site still or otherwise got rid of things.

Vultra

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info, I actually just found a site that has them and stock and is still active and updated, strangely after posting this thread and searching for weeks. I found it on gamekool.com, I found video reviews on YouTube of different flashcarts from someone who ordered regularly from there. Do you know if that site is reputable? They take PayPal so if anything happens I’ll just get my money back through PayPal but I just want to ask. Also I’m on DSi 1.2u firmware so I have no worries about it not working properly

Last edited by Vultra,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The name rang a bell. Did not find any posts on GBAtemp about them for about 5 or 6 years at this point so who knows who is running it and what goes right now -- for all I know at this point the domain expired and someone else grabbed it. Some of their ratings were a bit low but as mentioned in several discussions there it was more people not used to cheapo Hong Kong style affairs that took months to ship things around and did not communicate quickly.

I don't know why people put such stock in paypal (they are a horrible company, have been for years), not to mention their history with flash cart vendors is spotty at best (especially ones that operate out in the open), but if they reckon they want to offer it in the open (and won't just email asking you to send a gift to some address) then play it as you will.

Vultra

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes that makes sense, I sent them an email just to check if they are really taking orders to make sure, hopefully they are because I really want to try this cart out and have it in my collection.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol