Homebrew Looking for Homebrew Addons

SlashofaSword

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently homebrewed my old Wii, and I added WiiFlow (w/ nintendont), CUL and some mod tools. Does anyone have any recommendations for add ons/skins to customize and use my Wii to the best of its ability?

Reactions: CatmanFan

TheThief

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best N64 emulator https://github.com/FIX94/Wii64/releases . Download the beta 1.2 zip file

Zopenko's mods for emulators:
Snes9xGX: https://gbatemp.net/threads/snes9xgx-mod-preview-wiiupro-screenshot-button.389448/
NES: https://gbatemp.net/threads/fce-ultra-gx-mod-preview-wiiupro-screenshot-button.396515/
GBA: https://gbatemp.net/threads/vbagx-mod-preview-wiiupro-screenshot-button.441937/

Genesis(this is one of the best emulators I have ever used(that's counting PC genesis/megadrive emulators): https://bitbucket.org/eke/genesis-plus-gx/downloads/

I love using WiiMC media player. I re encode lots of movies with pc program handbreak to a resolution of 720x406 and they look great as long as the source movie was in a high resolution before the encode.

I've used Wiiflow, CFG usbloader, and USBLoader GX, and the latter is my favorite. Easy to navigate, best looking, and best UI, in my opinion. Everything i need is accessible, Nintendont, Neek, and such. I got Wii, GC, VC, Wiiware and it all runs well on usbloadergx.

Reactions: SlashofaSword

huntertron1

dancing to music!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently homebrewed my old Wii, and I added WiiFlow (w/ nintendont), CUL and some mod tools. Does anyone have any recommendations for add ons/skins to customize and use my Wii to the best of its ability?
mymenuify is one of them (i think i missed spelled that) it customizes the look of your Wii, BUT BE WARNED NOT TO INSTALL CORUPPTER/UNCOMPATABLE VERSIONS OF THEMES OR IT WILL SOFT BRICK YOUR SYSTEM ALWAYS LOOK AT YOUR FIRMWARE FIRST!!! mine is 4.3U so i can install any menu theme compatible with 4.3.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

mymenuify is one of them (i think i missed spelled that) it customizes the look of your Wii, BUT BE WARNED NOT TO INSTALL CORUPPTER/UNCOMPATABLE VERSIONS OF THEMES OR IT WILL SOFT BRICK YOUR SYSTEM ALWAYS LOOK AT YOUR FIRMWARE FIRST!!! mine is 4.3U so i can install any menu theme compatible with 4.3.
you can also customize your HBCś theme just follow this tutorial CLICK ME

Reactions: SlashofaSword

SlashofaSword

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

you can also customize your HBCś theme just follow this tutorial CLICK ME

thanks, I've used mymenuify since and I do like it, i have bootmii and priiloder though so I'm not worried about bricking. Didn't know I could customise the homebrew channel so thanks for that!

Best N64 emulator https://github.com/FIX94/Wii64/releases . Download the beta 1.2 zip file

Zopenko's mods for emulators:
Snes9xGX: https://gbatemp.net/threads/snes9xgx-mod-preview-wiiupro-screenshot-button.389448/
NES: https://gbatemp.net/threads/fce-ultra-gx-mod-preview-wiiupro-screenshot-button.396515/
GBA: https://gbatemp.net/threads/vbagx-mod-preview-wiiupro-screenshot-button.441937/

Genesis(this is one of the best emulators I have ever used(that's counting PC genesis/megadrive emulators): https://bitbucket.org/eke/genesis-plus-gx/downloads/

I love using WiiMC media player. I re encode lots of movies with pc program handbreak to a resolution of 720x406 and they look great as long as the source movie was in a high resolution before the encode.

I've used Wiiflow, CFG usbloader, and USBLoader GX, and the latter is my favorite. Easy to navigate, best looking, and best UI, in my opinion. Everything i need is accessible, Nintendont, Neek, and such. I got Wii, GC, VC, Wiiware and it all runs well on usbloadergx.

Thanks for those links, I'll take a look at them (really wanna play SM64!) and as for usblgx, I couldn't seem to get it working but if it's as good as you say it is I'll have another look at it. I've heard of WiiMC player but I wasn't sure whether to install it, but I'll add it now. Thanks!

huntertron1

dancing to music!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks, I've used mymenuify since and I do like it, i have bootmii and priiloder though so I'm not worried about bricking. Didn't know I could customise the homebrew channel so thanks for that!
np but if you want it to appear every time i have no clue without setting up the custom dol file with priiloader then it should auto boot to the custom theme for HBC.

(actually i think you can find an application to make your own channel forwarder nvm)

SlashofaSword

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
np but if you want it to appear every time i have no clue without setting up the custom dol file with priiloader then it should auto boot to the custom theme for HBC.

(actually i think you can find an application to make your own channel forwarder nvm)

I've heard of a program for making your own forwarders and I was gonna look into it so I can have everything laid out on my home menu instead of all stuck in the HBC.

huntertron1

dancing to music!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but note for bootmii to restore your nand (with me any ways) you need to have boot 2 or else it wont re
I've heard of a program for making your own forwarders and I was gonna look into it so I can have everything laid out on my home menu instead of all stuck in the HBC.
or you can setup the usbloadergx dol to auto boot with priiloader then you will have a HBC menu as well as a easy to use customize able wii menu (and guess what threes no risk of bricking (unless you accidentally hit the secure priiloader or auto boot by mistake))

SlashofaSword

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
but note for bootmii to restore your nand (with me any ways) you need to have boot 2 or else it wont re

or you can setup the usbloadergx dol to auto boot with priiloader then you will have a HBC menu as well as a easy to use customize able wii menu (and guess what threes no risk of bricking (unless you accidentally hit the secure priiloader or auto boot by mistake))

I'll consider that, thanks!

huntertron1

dancing to music!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It isn't a emulator, it's a loader :P
actually it does ¨load¨ n64 games but it lagges alot i recommend just injecting n64 wads with custom roms for the best experience.

np

also if you want to go ham take a look at ¨how a hackers wii looks¨

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

huntertron1

dancing to music!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The N64 used an NEC RISC processor. It's an emulator. :P

Heh. My Wii looks nothing like that. I don't even use the system menu let alone install games to the NAND. :) That's amateur.
nither am i lol my wii menu is replaced with an autoboot to usbloadergx

TheThief

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have working forwarders for all the apps I mentioned, I can zip them up and upload them to save you the leg work. I can include usbloadergx folders too, if you still havent got it to work. I like booting to stock menu and using forwarders as opposed to auto booting to usbloaderGX. That's a personal preference, standard menu boots quicker if I want to use another channel such as Netflix or an emulator. I've set UsbloaderGX to return to itself in the settings after selecting Menu from HOME button, then if I need to get back to standard menu I hit HOME within UsbloaderGX. As for someone mentioning N64 games running slow, I recommended that particular mod of Wii64 (with glide plugin) because it runs very well for the games I've tried. Plus I can play Goldeneye with a wii u pro controller and working skybox with hardly any lag (that wasn't already present in official hardware). Though if you have access to an official n64 Virtual Console wads, yes n64 vc will run better. I have a few injected wads such as Oot Master Quest and SM64 mod with two player that runs great.

huntertron1

dancing to music!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have working forwarders for all the apps I mentioned, I can zip them up and upload them to save you the leg work. I can include usbloadergx folders too, if you still havent got it to work. I like booting to stock menu and using forwarders as opposed to auto booting to usbloaderGX. That's a personal preference, standard menu boots quicker if I want to use another channel such as Netflix or an emulator. I've set UsbloaderGX to return to itself in the settings after selecting Menu from HOME button, then if I need to get back to standard menu I hit HOME within UsbloaderGX. As for someone mentioning N64 games running slow, I recommended that particular mod of Wii64 (with glide plugin) because it runs very well for the games I've tried. Plus I can play Goldeneye with a wii u pro controller and working skybox with hardly any lag (that wasn't already present in official hardware). Though if you have access to an official n64 Virtual Console wads, yes n64 vc will run better. I have a few injected wads such as Oot Master Quest and SM64 mod with two player that runs great.
yeah but you have lots more memory if you use usbloader gx with emunand but the new version dosent come with the right configuration so i changed the loader ios settings up by one now emunand works on my wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure: yes