Looking for an app with these features

Discussion in 'Android' started by beta4attack, Jan 31, 2012.

Jan 31, 2012
  1. beta4attack
    OP

Member beta4attack GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I am looking for an android app that is like QReader that works on the new Samsung Galaxy 6800 (7.7 inches). I am looking for an app so I can read from it like PDFs and eBooks while being able to take notes. And I would prefer it to be free and if not, can I install it in with the app manager from my computer to the tablet just like any other Android devices?

2. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    This is what I use; it'll read QR codes too and it should work on your device.
    Could you clarify what you meant by this? Do you mean reading codes on the device's own screen?

3. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    After a quick Google Search, I found that QReader is not a QR code reader, but an old e-book reader for Symbian phones.

@OP: If you only need to read documents, I suggest the OfficeSuite Viewer app. It's what I use, and it's free (the paid version provides editing capability). It can read PDFs and Word documents, as well as other text formats (It can also read Excel and PowerPoint files, but don't expect those to turn up exactly how they show up on a PC).

4. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    Ah; on iOS there's a similarly named "QRReader" which is a code reader; I was under the impression he was talking about that.

5. beta4attack
    OP

Member beta4attack GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Sorry for the late reply. Anyway, I don't think that allows you to write notes and stuff (like with a touch pen/stylus)