Hacking Looking for advice

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only possible bennefit maybe i can see is if your ripping games from a manager, i have never doen this myself i just dl them with patched eboots ,so im not sure if you rip a new game on 3.55 cfw that has a higher fw requirement what will happen? do you have to delete the fw update from the dump or it will keep prompting you to update the fw?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would require you to edit the PARAM.SFO to lower the higher firmware requirement, and modify the EBOOT. However that's done.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would require you to edit the PARAM.SFO to lower the higher firmware requirement, and modify the EBOOT. However that's done.

yeah editing the sfo is a given that is easy and can be done in notepad, and you have to replace the eboot as well ,but im not sure if you still have to delete the fw update too or it will keep prompting you, i think the managers like MM will automatically update the .sfo file for you anyways , im not sure if editing the .sfo will stop it form prompting for a fw update though

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, that's not going to work. The router won't even let me enter the full domain names, nor did adding wildcards to fill in the rest actually work either. Just cancelling login to netflix on the PS3 doesn't work at all either.

Where would the PS3's hosts file be stored? thinking of just adding those domains into the "blocked" list on the system itself.

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
i really dont see the point in even updating to newer than 3.55 cfw it is really quite useless tbh , you have to update all your homebrew and managers to ones signed with new keys and what good does it do you? NONE ,besides not having to install edited eboots, but come on how lazy can you be just DL the modded eboots whats the big deal ,am i missing something? they have spoofer/ psn enabler for lower cfw , its the same amount of effort to find new signed managers and homebrew and go through trouble of updating than it is to replace eboots almost

Wrong... Just download the latest versions of your homebrew and backup manager and they would be compatible with 4.xx. Moreover, you just do this once. With patched eboots, you have to do it for every game and every game update. Every time a game update is released, you have to worry about finding a patch and whether it's going to work or not. Also, even if patched games work on 3.55, newer games are developed with the 4.xx SDKs and they might need components that are only available on 4.xx FWs, so even if they run on 3.55, they might be buggy and might not work properly...

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, does anyone know how to get showtime to work properly? So far, I've never been able to get ti to actually YouTube at all, as every time I tried to load up any video on there it would just give me some stupid error saying I didn't define my video resolutions, even though I explicitly did so, signed in, and even went on YouTube on my PC to grant it access with my login.

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, does anyone know how to get showtime to work properly? So far, I've never been able to get ti to actually YouTube at all, as every time I tried to load up any video on there it would just give me some stupid error saying I didn't define my video resolutions, even though I explicitly did so, signed in, and even went on YouTube on my PC to grant it access with my login.
Which version of showtime are you using?

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The one that comes with mM is always the latest test release. Try the latest stable version of the standalone app (4.2).

Here's a link:
https://www.lonelycoder.com/doozer/buildmaster/download/7176
Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to this topic... a lot been going on in my life as of late.

Will that version actually work on 4.41 CFW?

Also, while I was unable to use my PC (AC outage here at home :( ), one of my friends was telling me that he dug up some info suggesting that PSN still allows signing in even when it receives a blank console ID response. I heard of something like this being done via F***PSN, but I also am aware now that there is apparently homebrew to be able to reassign a new console ID? If so, wouldn't it just as well work to assign a "blank" psID for the console and trick the PSN network that way? It seems worth a shot, even if my account is banned. :evil:

I was also hearing that there was some kinda homebrew that would scrub certain things, such as the apparent presence of the peek/poke syscalls that apparently Sony learned how to check for now to allow them to ban a console. If I go down this path, I know it's likely going to be risky, but given that they banned me even when I never played online on PSN to begin with, I'm past the "giving a f**k" point if you get my meaning.

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
Will that version actually work on 4.41 CFW?

Yeah Showtime 4.2 should work on Rebug 4.41.2.

Regarding PSN and banning, I don't have experience in this because I just don't use it, so I won't be able to help you.

What I know is that the latest development in unbanning/preventing bans is something called PSNTool v1.0. Search for it and see what you can find out.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that build of Showtime won't work either. It refuses to even let me install the YouTube plugin, insisting that I have to have Showtime 4.3... except that when I try to check for updates, Showtime 4.2 insists it's up to date.

Really tired of your shit, showtime... :wacko:

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, that build of Showtime won't work either. It refuses to even let me install the YouTube plugin, insisting that I have to have Showtime 4.3... except that when I try to check for updates, Showtime 4.2 insists it's up to date.
Showtime itself works, but if the Youtube plugin says it needs Showtime 4.3, then it needs Showtime 4.3. The thing is that there's no stable version of Showtime 4.3 yet, so you'll have to do with the latest test version:
https://www.lonelycoder.com/doozer/buildmaster/download/8944

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Showtime itself works, but if the Youtube plugin says it needs Showtime 4.3, then it needs Showtime 4.3. The thing is that there's no stable version of Showtime 4.3 yet, so you'll have to do with the latest test version:
https://www.lonelycoder.com/doozer/buildmaster/download/8944
It's hard to say that Showtime itself works when I try to view any video and then it simply keeps throwing up errors at me.

Tried updating to that build, and getting the plugin. Even now when I go through the TV shows to try o play any given episode, it still keeps giving me the "cannot find links" error and refuses to play anything, in spite of finding video information and actually showing image(s) from the given show. The only recent change at this point in time, is that at least when I finally decided to search manually, I was FINALLY able to find that it would actually play then. So something is clearly broken in the functionality that needs to be addressed post-haste.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...