kabii-sama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lengthy explanation as to my reason for requesting this:

Being a perfectionist, I usually try to attain save files that are as close to perfection as reasonably possible in games I play. In most games, getting an ideal save file is just a matter of putting in time/effort to complete the game 100%. However, for me Smash games (other than the original) complicate things with their timestamped “Special Messages.” These sorts of records compelled me to plan out the manner in which I play the games in the series, in order to have the accomplishments listed in an ideal sequence. Smash 4 in particular complicates it even further by tracking not just the order you get messages (aka Milestones), but trophies (which indicate the order you played through Classic and All-Star first with each character) and every type of custom element (which shows the order you did certain challenges).

Needless to say, figuring out exactly how to play through Smash for 3DS such that Milestones and other lists suit my perfectionism is a massive pain. Essentially, at launch I had decided on a routine of playing through every one of the games modes once a day with a certain character, figuring that would allow me to unlock everything in the game sooner or later. And though I was well on my way to getting my ideal save for the game, at some point I “time traveled” on my 3DS for another game… and when I went back to Smash I got a milestone with a totally incorrect date that ruined my save by messing up the sequence of messages. I decided to scrap that save and haven’t had the motivation to redo everything since that mistake.

I’ve already tried resolving this on my own, but…

With the recent surge in accessible homebrew for the 3DS, I figured maybe there was a way to help myself get a complete save for Smash 3DS. I first played around with the two Smash save editors currently available and found that, given the way they function, they wouldn’t be of any use in getting me the sort of “perfect save” I want. I’d need to be able to edit the save in greater detail, or at least be able to modify Milestones however I want… and I highly doubt I could hex edit the save file myself.

My next move was to look for complete Smash saves online and see if I could import them to my system using either of the save manager homebrew apps I have on my 3DS. The saves on 3DSsavegames were both in .sav format and I could not find any means of converting them to .bin files using my 3DS, which is on the latest firmware. The save on File Trip was in .bin format, but the way it was setup made it blatantly obvious cheats, hacking, or something along those lines was used in making the save. The fact that the “collected 10 custom outfits” milestone was after the “collected all custom outfits” one for example made me perplexed as to how and why this save was designed in such a way.

Anyway, I’m just hoping someone that visits this awesome website will be able and willing to share their complete Smash for 3DS save with me. Ideally, I’d want it to be someone who’s owned the game since its launch (so that the first Milestone states the game was played on the launch date) and has played it periodically since then (so that every conquest period’s results are in the save). However, at this point I think I’d be fine with any complete save, so long as the Milestones are in a plausible order. Just realize that I need the save files in .bin format, as again my 3DS has the latest firmware. I do have Ironhax installed, so if someone could use Save Manager or SVDT to export their save, I believe I can use the Save Secure Value Fixer and Save Manager in turn to import the save. I’d really appreciate any help with this.

(Also, I put this topic in this forum as I saw a handful of other threads in it requesting saves. If there's a more appropriate place for the topic I'd appreciate it if a mod could move it.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-