Hardware Looking for a 3DS flashcard with specific set of features

SamusAranX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
First of all, apologies if this is in the wrong section. I skimmed the forum names and thought this was the most appropriate one.

I'm looking for a flashcard for my 7.1.0-16E 3DS XL. My old R4 died shortly before I got this 3DS, so I'd like a replacement that's compatible with this 3DS, but also with my DSi and my old NDS.
I don't need/want 3DS emulation, so I've already ruled out that Gateway card.
I do need NDS emulation, cheat support and it'd be nice if the card supported GBA roms, but that's not really necessary.

Is the Supercard DSTWO suited for what I want? Is it fully compatible with all three devices? If so, will I see the DS GUI on the 3DS or does it have separate GUIs for NDS/3DS?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Native GBA support is only available via SLOT-2 on the NDS/L, on everything else you have to emulate, so the DSTwo will be the best bet for what you expect due to its additional CPU, however keep in mind that emulation is taxing and far from perfect in DS Mode. NDS games will work fine though, regardless of what you'll end up buying - as long as it has 7.x support, you're in the clear with DS games.

SamusAranX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does the Supercard only use its internal CPU when emulating GBA/SNES ROMs?
Also, what exactly do you mean with "DS Mode"?

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
i bought a dstwo just for that reason. gba roms work great and snes nes games work good too. ds games are fine. and buying a dstwo your safe from future updates for your 3ds so you dont have to worry. :)

SamusAranX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Alright, thanks. Guess I'll get myself a Supercard next week then. :)
Just one last question: Does "DS Mode" mean that the Supercard's interface will be scaled up and blurry on my 3DS?

SamusAranX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just got my DSTWO in the mail and it's working on all my devices, which is great.
What annoys me is that it's damn near impossible to control the DSTWO's menu on my 3DS in 1:1 mode with a touchpen. The DSTWO seems to think that the entire touchscreen is active even though it's not.
Everything else is working just fine, so yay!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 16 is becoming bare minimum for today's gaymes +1