WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, i know how everyone feels about someone asking "WHAT SHOULD I GET?!" So i'm changing it up a little bit.

I have a release day Wii, and haven't done anything to it yet, but i want a modchip in there
tongue.gif

So, after some research, i think i'm liking the CycloWiz, but i'm not sure if thats the best option for me, but i'm not sure.
One of my main reasons for picking up the CycloWiz is that i am a major Cyclo supporter (yay Evo for the DS!)
As well, i'd also looked over the comparison chart, and it seems like the Cyclo has a decent coverage of options.

I'm also finding it hard to find a seller for it anywhere right now... has it been discontinued? Or am i not looking hard enough? (this is not an invite for flaming, just wondering
tongue.gif
).

And, if my judgement is wrong, please correct me! (or just toss out some other info as you see fit).

Thanks guys (and the occasional gal
tongue.gif
).

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I would get a WiiKey... I have one on my launch Wii, and still works great.

The latest update also includes Update Blocking which is a neat feature
smile.gif

Also the new team is pretty good with updates (it is supported by the D2Pro team now, if I remember correctly)... so if something new should arise, they're there
smile.gif

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OzModChips said:
comparison chart is bullshit, especially when comparing upgradable products...

Thats understandable... i just didn't want to come in here with a "WHAT SHOULD I GET?!" right off the bat heh.

So now i'll change it to:

I have a release day Wii, what would be a good chip (both reliable/feature filled and decently priced!) for me to get?

Or, if thats too generic,

What would be some good recommendations on places to look for reliable info?

EDIT: this wasn't a sarcastic reply, i'm honestly curious
smile.gif

trent_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a Cyclowiz and am quite happy with it. If your Wii is old enough to support it, you won't be dissappointed.

Just make sure you install the latest firmware before closing up your Wii: http://teamcyclops.com/cyclowiz/
I'm not sure what version comes preflashed on the chip, but without 3.6, you'll get the Error 001 on modern games.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nin10doFan said:
Yes, get the CycloWiz, it's definitely the best, next to YAOSM.
wink.gif
Get it here:

www.modchipcentral.com

But hasn't YAOSM been ported to the CycloWiz? Thought i read that in a forum recently.

QUOTE(trent_fox @ Jun 25 2008, 02:33 PM) I'm using a Cyclowiz and am quite happy with it. If your Wii is old enough to support it, you won't be dissappointed.

Just make sure you install the latest firmware before closing up your Wii: http://teamcyclops.com/cyclowiz/
I'm not sure what version comes preflashed on the chip, but without 3.6, you'll get the Error 001 on modern games.

Can't the CycloWiz be updated via DVD/iso?

CosmoKramer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a launch Wii and have had my Cyclowiz V2 with 3.6b firmware for about 8 months now with the switch installed and hasn't given me one problem yet. You can update the chip with either the Cyclowiz firmware or the YAOSM firmware.via DVD that you can download from the TC site. Yes, you have to cut out one of the holes by the fan for the switch, but it covers the hole anyway. Also, The Team Cyclops forums are the best. If you ever need a question asked, you always get a pretty quick response over there. Atleast in my experience. Yada Yada Yada, after 8 months, 80+ games and 9 Guitar Hero Customs, I'm still happy.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CosmoKramer said:
I have a launch Wii and have had my Cyclowiz V2 with 3.6b firmware for about 8 months now with the switch installed and hasn't given me one problem yet. You can update the chip with either the Cyclowiz firmware or the YAOSM firmware.via DVD that you can download from the TC site. Yes, you have to cut out one of the holes by the fan for the switch, but it covers the hole anyway. Also, The Team Cyclops forums are the best. If you ever need a question asked, you always get a pretty quick response over there. Atleast in my experience. Yada Yada Yada, after 8 months, 80+ games and 9 Guitar Hero Customs, I'm still happy.

Fantastic!
I'm quite happy with the Cyclops forums already. I have a CycloDS, and they've been VERY helpful (which is one of the reasons i want the CycloWiz... keepin it in the family, right?).

I just brought the idea of modding the wii, and she said it'll have to wait till we're back from a wedding in July (sigh, just under a month now), but she's down for it lol (i had an SC-DS1, got a CycloDSEvo and passed it the SC-DS1 to her, so she's all about *cough* homebrew usage for as much as i can get my hands on LOL).

Thanks for the info! (i did NOT know about the switch thing, not a biggie for me though
wink.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs