Look at what I confiscated from a student

Pohangster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, for those of you who forgot who I am, I teach English in South Korea. Despite rumors to the contrary, I am not a woman.

Anyway, this happened a few months back and I keep forgetting to stop by and tell you lot about it on account of I'm living in a foreign country surrounded by stunningly gorgeous women. So I'm a little distracted, is what I'm saying.

So, I have this one student, a girl named, I shit you not, Mafia. My academy lets kids pick their own nicknames, and this girl is one of two Mafias. I know, right? Anyway, Mafia is an adorable little rambunctious ball of screeching hilarity who once, I shit you not, told me that she could never get sick because if she did, her mom would beat her because medicine was too expensive.

So, one day she brings her DS to class and starts playing Animal Crossing during class. That dog won't sing, Monseigneur, so I take it and put it on my desk, and keep on teaching. She picks up her box of games, and starts driving it across the desk like a car, complete with screeching tire noises and explosions for when it crashed into her pencil case.

I ended up taking the box too, once I stopped laughing.

After class, she bolts to my desk, grabs her DS, and runs off before I get a chance to tell her that she'd forgotten something. Given that I only see her twice a week, I had to take the box home with me so none of my other kids would steal it.

Seems innocent enough, right? Well, check out her collection:

Tetris? Whatever. Nintendogs? Psh, that game comes standard with a uterus. If I'm reading it right, the Korean games are. . . That's a fucking R4-Plus.

Before any of you creepy, creepy people start having disturbingly detailed fantasies about cute and insane Asian gamer-girls, this girl is 12 years old. So, yeah.

Blastoise

Trophies
XP
Country
Umm theres nothing wrong with a 12year old having an R4 card...

Actually iv got some family friends who are around 8 ish and they both have R4 cards. I helped them set it up and I gave them games.

Who gives a crap really? We all have some type of flash card on this forum

Pohangster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my defense, I grew up in the boondocks and didn't even know about flash hardware until my senior year of college. So seeing one that I recognized in the hands of someone who I didn't expect to know all that much about games took me by surprise.

It's kind of like living your whole life not knowing what movies are, only to find a Bedouin merchant with a trunk full of VHS tapes.

Goli said:
You gave it back, right?
I hope she didn't get beat up for not coming home with her games...

Fifty Korean kids get beaten every second for not bringing their games home. Yes I gave it back.

But actually that's not funny, I had a kid come to class with a bruise on his cheek because one teacher cold-cocked him for sneezing during a lecture. I shit you not!

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cold-cocked???
unsure.gif

Blastoise

Trophies
XP
Country
Pohangster said:
I had a kid come to class with a bruise on his cheek because one teacher cold-cocked him for sneezing during a lecture. I shit you not!
Now thats just fucked. So sad to hear about that.
frown.gif

D

Deleted_171835

KingVamp said:
Why did you even open it? :/
Why shouldn't he open it? What's the harm in doing that?
The kid wouldn't notice and nothing is being damaged.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blastoise said:
KingVamp said:
He woulda heard something rattling in there so you would open it to secure it wouldn't you?

SoulSnatcher said:
QUOTE(KingVamp @ Jun 18 2010, 06:47 PM)
Why shouldn't he open it? What's the harm in doing that?
The kid wouldn't notice and nothing is being damaged.
Ok, you two got a point.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pohangster said:
So, for those of you who forgot who I am, I teach English in South Korea.

Well as this is only your second post, it's quite possible that we don't know you.

QUOTEDespite rumors to the contrary, I am not a woman.
Considering your first post, you seem a little confused on the issue.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Before any of you creepy, creepy people start having disturbingly detailed fantasies about cute and insane Asian gamer-girls, this girl is 12 years old. So, yeah.
You have too much faith in humanity, my friend.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol